This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Share the love with these sweet and simple homemade donuts that are sure to make your Valentine’s Day even more special.
Valentine’s Day is a special occasion to celebrate with your loved ones and show them how much you care. And what better way to do that than with some homemade Valentine’s donuts?
This simple yet delicious recipe is the perfect treat for breakfast, dessert, or just as a sweet surprise on this romantic holiday.
These Valentine’s doughnuts are a simple yet delicious way to show your loved ones how much you care. So put on some romantic music, grab a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, and enjoy these sweet treats with your significant other or share them with friends and family.
Why You’ll Love Them
Made from scratch: These donuts are made with simple ingredients and no artificial flavors for a special treat.
Perfect for sharing: This recipe makes 18 donuts, making it perfect for sharing with friends, family, or your significant other.
Pink icing: The pink icing gives these donuts a romantic touch, making them perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Customizable: You can add your own personal touch by using different colored icing and sprinkles to make them even more festive.
Easy to make: With only 11 steps, this recipe is easy to follow and can be whipped up in just 35 minutes!
To make these delightful Valentine’s donuts, you will need some basic ingredients that you may already have in your pantry.
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour for best results.
- White and brown sugar: The combination of both sugars adds a nice depth of flavor to the donuts.
- Baking powder and salt: These are essential for giving the donuts their light and fluffy texture.
- Butter: Melted butter adds moisture and richness to the donuts.
- Eggs: These help in binding the ingredients together.
- Whole milk: Use whole milk for a richer texture, but you can use any type of milk you prefer.
- Vanilla extract: This adds a lovely aroma and flavor to the donuts.
The vanilla glaze is what makes these Valentine’s donuts extra special. It’s simple to make and adds a beautiful touch of pink to the final product. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Powdered sugar: Use powdered sugar for a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Milk: You can use any milk, but whole milk or heavy cream will give a smoother glaze.
- Vanilla extract: This adds flavor to the glaze, so don’t skip it!
- Pink food coloring: Add a few drops for a lovely pink color that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- Sprinkles: Use your favorite sprinkles to decorate the donuts and make them even more festive.
How to Make Valentine Donuts
For more detailed instructions with weights and measurements, jump to the printable recipe card.
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a donut pan and set it aside.
Make the Donuts
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt until well incorporated.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
Transfer the dough to a piping bag and pipe it into your greased donut pan.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let the donuts cool on a baking rack for at least 10 minutes before icing them.
To make the vanilla glaze
Mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla together until you have a smooth and creamy consistency.
Add a few drops of pink food coloring to the glaze and mix well.
Dunk each cooled donut into the glaze and add sprinkles on top for decoration.
Enjoy these delicious Valentine’s donuts with your loved ones!
Substitutions and Variations
- To turn these into chocolate donuts, add 1/4 cup of cocoa powder to the dry ingredients and increase the milk by 2 tablespoons.
- Add some fun toppings like chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or mini chocolate chips for added texture and flavor.
- Try different food coloring for the glaze to create different colored donuts, like red for a traditional Valentine’s look or blue for a unique twist.
How to Serve
Serve these Valentine’s donuts for breakfast, dessert, or as a sweet treat throughout the day. They pair perfectly with a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.
How to Store These Donuts
Store: These donuts can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
Freeze: You can also freeze the unglazed donuts for up to 2 months.
Thaw: At room temperature before icing and serving.
Valentine Donut FAQs
You can use a regular plastic or disposable piping bag or simply cut off the corner of a ziplock bag and use that as an improvised piping bag.
Yes, you can make the dough and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours before shaping and baking. You can also freeze the unglazed donuts and thaw them when ready to serve. **
Easy Valentine’s Donuts Recipe
I hope you enjoy your Valentine’s Day Donuts . If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and a comment below!
For The Donuts:
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 3 tsp vanilla
For The Vanilla Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tsp vanilla
- Pink food coloring
- Your choice of sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease donut pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt until well incorporated.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Add your dough to your piping bag and pipe into your donut pan
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let your donuts cool on a baking rack for at least 10 minutes before you ice them.
- To make the icing add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla to a bowl and whisk until a creamy icing comes together.
- Add in some pink food coloring and whisk until well incorporated.
- Dunk each donut in the icing and sprinkle with your choice of sprinkles.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe? Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
With their light and fluffy texture and sweet pink vanilla glaze, these Valentine’s donuts are sure to bring joy to your loved ones on this special day. So go ahead and make a batch or two, and share the love with these delicious homemade treats!
More Valentine Treats
- Valentine’s Charcuterie Board
- Cotton Candy Mocktails
- Valentine’s Day Heart Krispies Treats
- Valentine’s Day Popcorn Balls
- Mini Danish Hearts