This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Chocolate Lasagna is a no-bake dessert that is layers of chocolate goodness. Oreo crust, chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and more in this layered chocolate dessert lasagna.
I love no-bake desserts, and dessert lasagna is always a popular potluck-style dessert. You can make it ahead of time and then just bring it to the party and slice and serve one tasty chocolate lover’s treat.
What Are The Layers To This Dessert
- Oreo Crust | You will crumble up cookies and place them as the crust to this dessert. This allows the dessert to be sliced and served up, instead of just scooping into a bowl.
- Cheesecake Layer | Now you will work on your cheesecake layer. This is a cream cheese layer that is no-bake. You will mix it up and then spread it evenly over the Oreo crust layer.
- Chocolate Pudding Layer | Now you will whip up the instant chocolate pudding and pour it over the cheesecake layer.
- Whipped Cream | The last layer is the whipped cream, this is one of my favorites. It helps bring all the layers together.
Then you can decorate your layered dessert with cookie crumbs, chocolate shavings, sprinkles, etc. Get creative or go simple, the choice is up to you.
How Do You Store This Dessert
You will need to store your chocolate lasagna in the refrigerator covered. If you don’t cover your dessert it will ruin it and also you run the risk of it soaking up odors that are lingering in your fridge.
This dessert can store for around 4-5 days in the fridge. If you make it in advance I recommend making it just a day ahead of time. That way when you serve it up it has optimal flavor.
Can I Use Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies For Crust
You are more than welcome to reach for a gluten-free cookie as the crust. If you can’t have gluten you can very easily transform this into a gluten-free recipe.
Can I Make This Dessert Into Single Servings
Grab some plastic cups or containers and go right ahead and make these into single-serve containers. You will just create the same layers you would in the casserole dish. Then just cover each container with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container.
You will need to store them in the fridge until you are ready to serve up. This is a great way to have an easy grab-and-go dessert for parties, summer cookouts, and more.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Cool and Creamy Melon Pie
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream Muffins
- Chocolate Concrete
- White Chocolate Chip Blondies
No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna
- 1 package Oreos 36 regular cookies; do not remove cream centers
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 8 oz Cool Whip containers
- 2 3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Add the pack of Oreos to a food processor, and crush into fine crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, pour in the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Stir well until combined.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish and use a spatula (or your hands) to evenly press the crumbs across the dish.
- In the same medium bowl, add the cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add in the 2 tbsp of milk and sugar and mix well.
- Add one of the 8 oz Cool Whip containers into the cream cheese mixture, and mix with a spoon or silicone spatula. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie crust, and put it into the fridge to set for 10 minutes. (Waiting the full 10 minutes makes the next steps much easier, as the cream cheese will be more firm, and the chocolate pudding mixture will spread more evenly without mixing together)
- While the cream cheese mixture is setting, in a large bowl, add the pudding mixes and 2 3/4 cups of milk and beat on medium speed until it starts to thicken.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer. Put back into the fridge to set for another 10 minutes.
- Once set, gently spread the remaining 8 oz of Cool Whip over the pudding layer, being careful not to mix the two layers together.
- Cover and let chill for at least 4 hours in the fridge or 1 hour in the freezer.
- Once fully set, sprinkle with chocolate chips, and slice and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
Created by Vickie aka The Crazy Family Mom
Vickie is the creator of A Crazy Family. She is a stay-at-home mom of a little boy with a big personality. She loves to share real food recipes, parenting tips & encouragement, fun kids activities, and so much more! Plus she is thrilled to provide you with a space to celebrate all that is awesome (and a little crazy) in the world.