This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serve these Teriyaki Chicken Bites at your next party because not only are they absolutely delicious, but they are also easy to make and can easily be made ahead of time.
Teriyaki Chicken Puff Pastry Bites Recipe
I love tasty, hot hors-d’oeuvres! And these bites are easy and super popular at our parties and a tasty appetizer your guests will love!
These bite-sized treats are perfect for any occasion, whether it’s game day, a holiday party, or just a family gathering. And with just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can whip up these tasty treats in no time.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy – perfect for last-minute gatherings or cravings.
- Delicious – bursting with delicious teriyaki flavor, making a great appetizer or snack.
- Versatile – can be customized with different toppings and seasonings to suit your taste.
Before getting started, make sure you have the following ingredients on hand:
- Puff pastry
- Cooked chicken
- Brown sugar
- Optional: Sesame seeds and fresh chives for garnish
You Don’t Have Cooked Chicken?
If you don’t already have cooked chicken, it is easy to poach it. Put a skinless, boneless chicken breast in a small pot with water covering it. Simmer on med/high heat for 15 until no longer pink inside. This chicken will be moist, tender, and ready to use in this recipe.
How to Make the Teriyaki Chicken Puff Pastry Bites
Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F and lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a saucepan, combine the tamari, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic over medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes until well combined and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, add ¼ cup of the sauce to the shredded chicken and mix until thoroughly coated.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry sheet with a floured rolling pin until it is less than ¼ inch thick and measures about 18” by 18”.
Using a pizza cutter, cut the pastry sheets into 12 diamonds.
In the center of each diamond-shaped pastry, poke a circular shape with a fork or skewer. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry.
Using a basting brush, generously brush sauce onto each diamond-shaped pastry and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
Place about a tablespoon of shredded chicken into the center of each pastry. Place a tablespoon of chicken into the center and sprinkle with sesame seeds (if using).
Bake the puff pastry bites for 18 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Optional: Garnish with fresh chives before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- Thaw your puff pastry according to package instructions before beginning the recipe.
- For added flavor, marinate the shredded chicken in the teriyaki sauce for a few hours before assembling the puff pastry bites.
- Feel free to use a different type of protein, such as shrimp or tofu, instead of chicken.
- Serve these bites with extra teriyaki sauce for dipping.
Substitutions and Variations
- If you don’t have tamari, you can use soy sauce instead.
- Customize the flavor by adding your favorite spices or herbs to the chicken mixture.
To Store: If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat: Place the bites in the oven at 375 degrees F for about 5-10 minutes.
What to Serve with Teriyaki Chicken Puff Pastry Bites
These bites are delicious on their own, but you can also serve them with a side of rice or your favorite vegetable dish for a more filling meal. They pair well with a variety of dipping sauces and make for a tasty addition to any Asian-inspired spread.
More of our favorite appetizers
Teriyaki Chicken Puff Pastry Bites
- 17.3 ounce package of puff pastry thawed
- 1 ½ cup cooked chicken shredded
- ¼ cup of tamari
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives optional
- In a saucepan heat, heat the tamari, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic over medium heat for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add ¼ sauce to chicken and mix until thoroughly coated.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry sheet.
- With a floured rolling pin, roll the pastry out until less than a ¼ inch thick. And measures about 18” by 18”.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut diagonally to create 12 diamonds.
- In the center of each diamond-shaped pastry, poke with a fork or skewer in a circular shape.
- Repeat with second pastry sheet.
- Using a basting brush, brush sauce onto each diamond-shaped pastry. And place on the baking sheet.
- Place a tablespoon of chicken into the center.
- Optional- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Optional- Garnish with chives. Serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe? Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.