This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure Policy.
These cinnamon apple soap bars smell delightful! They are naturally colored with ground cinnamon, which results in the gorgeous brown speckles that you see. Make these soap bars for yourself, or make a double batch for gifting!
When it comes to things in our bathroom there is one staple that is always there, and that is soap. Soap to wash your hands, and soap for decorative purposes, bottles or bars of soap are useful things to have.
Soap can also be something that you might want to include in a DIY hamper as a gift, or even as a small wrap=up for birthdays or Christmas.
But, the one thing that we can all agree on is that shop-bought and plain-looking bars of soap are just sheer boring, am I right?
Making soap is far simpler than you might think, and a lot of people can do this easily at home. They look great and show effort, and you can customize them to suit the scents and overall look that you or the person you are giving them to likes.
Love fun, easy, and homemade soap recipes? If so, be sure and check out these cute DIY soaps!
Easy Melt and Pour Sunflower Soap Bars
These gorgeous soap bars are a super easy DIY. These goat’s milk soap bars are going to be one of your favorites, with the lovely light scent of fresh sunflowers. This is the perfect recipe for beginners too!
Easy Homemade DIY Shark Toy Soap For Kids
Kids will love bathing with these cute, homemade sharks! They are so easy to make and exciting for children of all ages. This DIY will not only provide endless fun but also give your children something cool to enjoy once the soap has been used up.
Plus, we also have over a collection of the best handmade soap recipes you can find! Be sure and check them out too!
So if you like the idea of making soap and want to give these Cinnamon Apple Soap Bars a go, then here is everything that you need to know.
Supplies Needed for Cinnamon Apple Soap Bars
Here is everything that you need to make the Sunflower Soap Bars:
- ¾ lb of goat’s milk melt and pour soap base
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon
- 5 drops of cinnamon fragrance oil
- 15 drops of apple fragrance oil
- Square soap mold
- 4 cup microwave-safe measuring cup
- Wooden craft stick or spoon for stirring
These supplies will make 6 Cinnamon Apple Soap Bars if using the same mold
How to make the Cinnamon Apple Soap Bars
Now that you have everything that you need to make these lovely soap bars, here is how you create them.
Cut the soap base into one-inch cubes and place them into a measuring cup.
Heat in the microwave on high in 30-second bursts, stirring between each heating session, until the soap base is fully melted. If 30-seconds is not enough, do another burst of 30 seconds in the microwave.
Now take your melted soap mixture and add the cinnamon, then stir well, until fully blended.
The next part involves creating the scent. Add the fragrance oils and stir well to ensure that they are combined.
Pour the soap into the molds, and allow to set. Make sure the soaps are undisturbed for 2 hours to ensure they are set properly.
Unmold and reveal your Cinnamon Apple Soap Bars. Now use them in your home or gift them to your friends and family.
Notes and tips
- Make sure you have all of your supplies to hand in before starting this process. It is important to help you move to each step.
- If children are helping then make sure they are supervised at all times. You will be dealing with the hot soap mixture, and this can be dangerous if your children are left alone with it.
- Make sure you give the Cinnamon Apple Soap Bars time to set. This will ensure that they form properly and will be able to be used.
- Don’t overheat the soap mix cubes. Always do 30-second intervals in the microwave and check each time.
- Give yourself time to make the soap bars, you don’t want to rush the process.
You can really make these your own and more personal if they are being made for gifts. Here are some of the variations you could try:
- If you are not a fan of the apple or cinnamon, why not change things up a little? You could easily adapt this method to suit different scents and looks. The cinnamon is used to create the overall look as well as a scent, so you could use mica powder in different colors instead. Look at different essential oils and see what fragrances you like.
- You could add other elements if you do decide to do something different. For example, flower petals.
- Buy different shaped molds if you are looking to create something a bit different. An apple shape would look perfect.
- If creating the Cinnamon Apple Soap Bars as a gift, wrap them in plastic wrapping and then add a sticker to advise what it is.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will the Cinnamon Apple Soap Bars last before needing to be used?
Any homemade soap should last you around three years before you might need to consider throwing them out. If they are being used regularly then they won’t last that long. You could also be assured that they will last that long stored in an airtight container before you need to use them so don’t be afraid to keep a batch in storage in your home.
How do I store the Cinnamon Apple Soap Bars?
All homemade soaps should be stored in a cool and dry place if you are not using them and keeping them for gifts. You could also store them in an airtight container before they are put to use to ensure they stay in good condition.
I hope you enjoy making, using, and gifting your Cinnamon Apple Soap Bars.
Cinnamon Apple Soap Bars
What You’ll Need
- ¾ lb goat’s milk melt and pour soap base
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 drops cinnamon fragrance oil
- 15 drops apple fragrance oil
Equipment / Tools
- Square sold mold
- 4 cup microwave safe measuring cup
- Wooden craft stick or spoon for stirring
- Cut the soap base into one inch cubes and place into measuring cup.
- Heat in the microwave on high in 30 second bursts, stirring between each heating session, until the soap base is fully melted.
- Add the cinnamon, then stir well, until fully blended.
- Add the fragrance oils and stir well.
- Pour the soap into the molds, and allow to set, undisturbed, for 2 hours.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
Vickie aka The Crazy Family Mom
Vickie is the creator of A Crazy Family. She is a stay-at-home mom of a little boy with a big personality. She loves to share real food recipes, parenting tips & encouragement, fun kids activities, and so much more! Plus she is thrilled to provide you with a space to celebrate all that is awesome (and a little crazy) in the world.