This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Exfoliating your skin at home has never been easier! Make these solid green tea sugar scrub bars at home using simple ingredients you likely have on hand. These bars are perfect for taking care of dry winter skin.
Green Tea Sugar Scrub Bars
A simple DIY for exfoliating your skin at home using natural ingredients. These single-use bars are perfect for targeting rough spots like feet or elbows. Scented with a refreshing blend of bergamot and sweet orange essential oils. Contains green tea for added antioxidant benefits.
Exfoliating your skin is an important step in any skincare routine. It helps to remove dead skin cells, unclog pores, and promote healthier, smoother skin.
Making your own exfoliating scrub bars at home is an easy and affordable way to take care of your skin. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a luxurious spa-like experience in the comfort of your own bathroom.
So why not try these green tea sugar scrub bars and see the difference for yourself? Your skin will thank you!
Why You’ll Love Them
- Easy to make and customize with your preferred essential oil scents.
- Perfect for targeting rough spots like feet or elbows.
- Contains natural ingredients that are gentle on the skin.
- Green tea adds additional benefits to nourish the skin.
This section includes the supplies and equipment that you’ll need. Get the measurements and instructions in the printable card at the bottom of this page.
- Melt and pour soap – a soap base that is perfect for making homemade soap.
- Sugar – an excellent physical exfoliant that helps remove dead skin cells and reveal smoother skin.
- Sweet almond oil – a nourishing oil that helps moisturize the skin.
- Bergamot essential oil – known for its refreshing, citrusy scent.
- Orange essential oil* – another uplifting oil with a sweet, fruity aroma.
- Green tea – a powerful antioxidant that helps to promote healthy, radiant skin.
- Cylinder soap mold – you can use any soap mold you have on hand.
- Microwave-safe spouted measuring cup and wooden craft stick (optional) – make it easier to melt and mix the soap base and other ingredients.
How to Make Green Tea Sugar Scrub Bars
This section shows you how to make this easy DIY with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable how-to, see the card below.
Step 1: Add the soap base to the measuring cup, and heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Repeat until the soap base is melted.
Step 2: Stir in the sugar and sweet almond oil if it’s starting to harden, heat again.
Step 3: Add the essential oils, and stir until well combined.
Step 4: Then, stir in the green tea.
Step 5: Pour into molds and allow to set for 1-2 hours.
Step 6: Once fully set, remove from the molds and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Customize Your Bars
Feel free to customize your scrub bars with your preferred essential oil scents. You can also add in other ingredients like dried flowers or herbs for added benefits and a touch of natural color. Get creative and make these bars uniquely yours!
Simply wet the bar and rub it onto damp skin in circular motions. Focus on rough areas like feet or elbows. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. Follow with a moisturizer for extra hydration.
How to Store
Store your green tea sugar scrub bars in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. This will help to prevent them from absorbing moisture and prolong their shelf life. If stored properly, they can last for up to 6 months.
Substitutions and Variations
- Instead of sugar, you can use other exfoliants like salt or ground coffee.
- Swap out the sweet almond oil for another carrier oil, such as coconut or jojoba oil. Just be aware that this may alter the consistency of the bars.
- For a different scent, try using different essential oils like lavender, peppermint, or eucalyptus.
- Add a teaspoon of shea butter or cocoa butter to the mixture for extra moisturization.
- Be careful not to overheat the soap base, as it can cause the sugar to dissolve.
- Let the bars set for at least an hour before attempting to remove them from the molds.
- If you have any leftover mixture, pour it into a small jar and use it as a body scrub in your shower. Waste not, want not!
Frequently Asked Questions
These bars are intended for use on the body, particularly rough areas like feet and elbows. The skin on your face is more delicate and may not react well to physical exfoliants.
Yes, this scrub bar is gentle enough to be used on all skin types. However, as with any new skincare product, it’s best to do a patch test first to ensure that you don’t have any adverse reactions. If you experience any irritation, discontinue use immediately.
More Bath & Body DIYs
- Winter Snow Whipped Sugar Scrub
- Snowberry Sugar Scrub Bars
- Lemon Lavender Sugar Scrub Cubes
- Cinnamon Apple Soap Bars
- Peppermint Lip Balm
Green Tea Sugar Scrub Bars
- 4 1-inch cubes of melt and pour soap
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup sweet almond oil
- 10 drops bergamot essential oil
- 15 drops orange essential oil
- 1 tbsp green tea
- Microwave-safe spouted measuring cup and wooden craft stick for stirring optional
- Add the soap base to the measuring cup, and heat for 30 seconds, remove and stir. Repeat until the soap base is melted.
- Stir in the sugar and sweet almond oil. If it’s starting to harden, heat again.
- Add the essential oil, stir.
- Then stir in the green tea.
- Pour into molds, and allow to set for 1-2 hours.
- Store in an airtight container.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.