By: Vickie | Updated: 25th March 2023
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure Policy.
Sugar scrub is a perfect way to exfoliate your skin. I love to make my own sugar scrub and with just two main ingredients, this whipped sugar scrub is amazing! It’s light, fluffy, and feels luxurious on the skin.
Not only does making your own products to use such as a sugar scrub make you feel good, but you know what’s in it, and you can tailor it to suit what you like.
You will love this whipped sugar scrub recipe! This DIY scrub recipe is super soft and fluffy and will leave your skin feeling refreshed and renewed.
Perfect for exfoliating winter dry skin, this natural sugar scrub is made using sugar and coconut oil, then scented with a lovely blend of lemon, peppermint, and ylang-ylang essential oils, and contains no dyes.
This homemade sugar scrub also makes a fantastic homemade gift perfect for friends, family, teachers, and neighbors! Just add a pretty bow and a label to the jar.
Read on to find out how to make yours.
How to Make Whipped Winter Snow Sugar Scrub:
- First of all, you need to add the sugar and the coconut oil to a bowl. Or if you are using a stand mixer, add those two ingredients to the bowl ready to mix. Switch on the stand mixer or use a hand mixer, and beat on high for 1 minute.
- At this stage, you will want to add the essential oils. You will then need to beat the sugar mixture for an additional 3 minutes until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Now your whipped sugar scrub is ready, transfer it to an airtight container or jar for storage.
Notes and Tips
- There are, of course, different types of sugar that you can buy in the store or that you may have access to at home. The beauty of this recipe is that you can use any type of sugar for this. Granulated sugar may be a little harsher compared to something like caster, but this is really down to personal preference and what you can get your hands on.
- When seeking out coconut oil you might want to ensure that you use a cold processed unrefined coconut oil. Sometimes, cooking coconut oil has been refined and some of the skin benefits may have been taken away. Organic virgin coconut oil will ensure that you get all of the skin benefits from your homemade sugar scrub.
- Be careful not to overbeat the mixture. You want to create a paste-like texture.
How do I store Whipped Sugar Scrub?
You will need to store the DIY sugar scrub in an airtight jar. Doing this will ensure that the oils don’t go bad.
How long with the scrub last before needing to be used?
The average shelf life of a homemade sugar scrub is usually around six months. The tip for prolonging its life is to ensure that the lid stays on the jar as much as possible. As the jar is airtight, it preserves the oils and scrub. This also will stop the coconut oil element of the sugar scrub from going bad.
What can I use the Winter Snow sugar scrub for?
You can use the sugar scrub while you shower or in the bath. It is a great exfoliator, perfect for reminding dead skin cells or things like fake tan.
More Body Scrub Recipes:
- Unicorn Layered Sugar Scrub
- Mango Strawberry Sugar Scrub
- Lemon Lavender Sugar Scrub Cubes
- Snowberry Sugar Scrub Bars
Or for more, be sure to check out our entire collection of DIY bath and body products!
Hopefully, this will have inspired you to make some Whipped Winter Snow Sugar Scrub at home. Enjoy! And please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and a comment below! Follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter for more fun crafts!
Winter Snow Whipped Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 4 drops lemon essential oil
- Add the sugar and coconut oil to a medium bowl and beat on high with an electric mixer for 1 minutes.
- Add the essential oils.
- Beat on high for an additional 3 minutes, until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Store in an airtight container or jar.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.