This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This ginger and carrot soup is delicious to eat at any time of the year. Carrot and ginger soup is super easy to make and tastes fantastic.
Carrot and ginger might not seem like a good combination but go really well together, the ginger gives a little zing to the milder carrots.
This carrot ginger soup is made with fresh carrots and fresh ginger and is blended together until it is creamy. It is a delicious and healthy comfort meal on a cold day.
This soup can be meal enough just by itself. Serve it with a salad on the side, or even with some nice crusty bread.
For this recipe, you will need an immersion blender. If you don’t have one, a food processor or blender works, but it creates more dishes and more washing up.
Carrot and Ginger Soup Ingredients
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sweet onion
- Red bell pepper, diced
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Vegetable broth
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Full-fat coconut milk
More of our favorite soups & chowders:
Creamy Vegan Carrot and Ginger Soup
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ lbs. carrots diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth preferably organic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- ⅓ cups full-fat coconut milk
- Heat olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, and bell pepper.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables become soft and translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, minced ginger, and thyme leaves and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook until the carrots are fork-tender, approximately 10-15 minutes. Stir once or twice while cooking.
- Remove from heat and puree mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. (A regular blender or food processor can also be used for this step).
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Return to medium heat and add coconut milk. Stir until barely combined and cook until heated through approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe? Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.