This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you tried making an air fryer grilled cheese yet? This air fryer pepperoni grilled cheese is a simple and easy-loaded grilled cheese sandwich. A seasoned butter bread, cheese, pepperoni, air fried to a crispy texture. Then dip in pizza sauce.
Growing up we always loved grilled cheese. Now as an adult I venture out a bit and try different flavor combinations to elevate the flavors of grilled cheese.
Serve these up for dinner, lunch, or even an after-school snack.
What Is The Best Bread To Use
You can use any style of bread you like. I prefer to use a bit of a thicker piece of bread so it is a great combination between the cheese and pepperoni.
Texas toast, white bread, wheat, whole grain bread. Get creative and use whatever style of bread you want.
What Cheese Should You Use
Mozzarella or Swiss are both great contenders. I wanted to use white cheese since this was a pepperoni pizza-style sandwich. You could use cheddar if you prefer. Just use what you have on hand.
I also prefer to use real cheese slices vs processed cheese. It gives a nice texture to the bread.
Can I Add Veggies Into The Sandwich
If you are looking for a supreme-style pizza sandwich, go right ahead and add some sliced veggies. You might saute them for a short bit in a pan with a little oil to help tenderize and soften them.
You will find if you don’t saute the veggies they will have a crispy texture when you bite into your sandwich.
You could also add in some Canadian bacon or even salami for added meat to your sandwich.
Tips For Making Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Don’t overcrowd your grilled cheese, make sure to leave space between each sandwich.
- You can stick a toothpick into your sandwich to prevent the sandwich from coming apart as it air fries.
- Some air fryers require you to preheat first, so make sure to check with your air fryer.
- Don’t overstuff the sandwiches as they will leak out as it melts and cooks.
What To Serve With These Sandwiches
Pair with french fries, crisp veggies, etc. Go right ahead and cook up these sandwiches and serve alone or pair with any or all your favorites. You could even do a salad to go next to it to help lighten up the meal.
Have fun, get creative, and make an adult and kid-approved grilled cheese for dinner tonight. This is an easy starter air fryer recipe as well. No stress, great food, easy method of cooking.
Air Fryer Pepperoni Grilled Cheese
- 1 loaf of bread I used Sara Lee Artesano bakery bread
- Mozzarella or Provolone cheese slices 2 slices per sandwich
- 1 package of pepperoni
- 3 Tablespoons of salted butter at room temperature
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Pizza sauce for dipping is optional but extra delicious!
- Mix butter, garlic, parsley, and Italian seasoning together until well combined.
- Spread an even layer of seasoned butter on one slice of bread and place buttered side down in the air fryer.
- Lay one piece of cheese on the bread followed by 10-12 slices of pepperoni then top it off with another slice of cheese.
- Butter another slice of bread and place on top with the buttered side facing up.
- Repeat until you have all the sandwiches you want to make.
- Place in the air fryer at 360 degrees for 8 minutes.
- About 4 minutes into cooking turn the sandwiches over.
- Serve hot and add a side of pizza sauce for dipping!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe? Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
Planning to make this air fryer pepperoni grilled cheese? Save this grilled cheese recipe to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest so you can come back to it again.