Snacking is something I think we can all agree on that we love. Some of you may have a sweet tooth, but the ultimate snack has to be a savory option, am I right?
Picture the scene! It is Friday night, you are settling down to watch a film, and you have your favorite drink on the side. What is missing?
A crunchy snack that is tasty and healthy in equal measures – I give you the Air Fryer Tortilla Chips.
Tortillas are something that many households can often waste if they aren’t used in other methods of cooking, so making these Easy Tortilla Chips in your air fryer not only helps you to reduce your food waste but also creates a wonderful snack that the whole family will love.
Plus, they are super versatile, so once you get the process right, you can be very creative with these.
So without further ado, here is everything that you need to know to create the Air Fryer Tortilla Chips.
Ingredients needed for Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
First of all, you will notice that there are very few ingredients. You will need:
- 30 soft yellow corn tortillas (5 inches)
- 1-2 tbsp Tijan seasoning. You can get it here.
- Olive oil cooking spray
How to make Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
Now that you have all your ingredients to hand, this is the process to make your Air Fryer Tortilla Chips. This recipe makes 240 chips. Double up the quantities for more.
The first thing that you will need to do is preheat your air fryer to 385. This will ensure that your air fryer will be ready once you have prepped the tortillas.
To prepare the tortillas for the air fryer, using a sharp knife, cut 5-10 tortillas at a time into 6-8 triangles. This will save you time and help you to get some continuity with the size of the tortilla chips you are making.
Line them on a baking sheet, then spray lightly with cooking spray, and sprinkle with Tijan seasoning.
Place in a single layer in the air fryer for 2 minutes, then flip them and cook for another 2-3 minutes, just until done. You need to be mindful of your timings as if you cook them for too long, the ends will darken and crisp up too much. They won’t taste as good.
Remove from the air fryer and make your next batch.
Once they are all cooked and cooled, you can store them in an airtight bag or container.
Recipe Notes and tips
When it comes to any recipe, it is always a good idea to understand what notes and what tips you can use to have success each and every time.
- Make sure you always preheat your air fryer. This will help with cooking times.
- Always cook the Air Fryer Tortilla Chips in batches. You won’t be able to cook them at the same time, and if you layer them on top of one another, they will stick together and won’t give you the desired result.
- Make sure each tortilla chip has been coated with some spray oil. You want to ensure that each one gets a light coating.
- If you only have bigger tortillas, just use fewer of them or cook less at a time.
Like with many recipes, once you have tried them out a few times, you can look to make some changes and vary the recipe to suit your tastes and preferences. Here are a few suggestions:
- If you are not a fan of the seasoning I have suggested, then chili powder, paprika, and even garlic granules will all work well.
- You could consider a flavored olive oil spray. You can get variations like chili or garlic, and they will add a distinct flavor to your Air Fryer Tortilla Chips.
- Get creative. If you like certain flavor combinations, go for it. Or even consider a sprinkle of mixed herbs for a different vibe.
- Enjoy these Air Fryer Tortilla Chips topped with chili or, as you would nachos baked in the oven with salsa and some cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I serve the Air Fryer Tortilla Chips?
These tortilla chips are best served exactly how you like them. So get your favorite dips and enjoy. Perhaps you could have salsa or a yogurt-based dipping sauce. You could also load up these tortilla chips with chili or bake them in the oven with some salsa and grated cheese like you would nachos.
Can they be made ahead of time?
Yes, they can be! They should last about five days so you could make them a day or two before you need them if they are for a special occasion.
How do I store the Air Fryer Tortilla Chips?
You should store your Air Fryer Tortilla Chips in an airtight container, and they will last around five days.
How can I reheat the Air Fryer Tortilla Chips?
Pop them in the oven to warm through. I recommend only reheating them if you plan to top them with something as it could make them extra crispy.
These chips really are the perfect snack or party appetizer. Serve them with a dip, salsa, guacamole, or hummus. I hope you enjoy making and eating your Air Fryer Tortilla Chips.
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- 30 soft yellow corn tortillas 5 inch
- 1-2 tbsp Tijan seasoning
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat your air fryer to 385 while you prep the tortillas.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 5-10 tortillas at a time, into 6-8 triangles.
- Line them on a baking sheet, then spray lightly with cooking spray, and sprinkle with Tijan seasoning.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer for 2 minutes, then flip them and cook for another 2-3 minutes, just until done. Too long, and the ends will darken and crisp up too much.
- Remove from the air fryer and make your next batch.
- Store in an airtight bag or container.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
Vickie aka The Crazy Family Mom
Vickie is the creator of A Crazy Family. She is a stay-at-home mom of a little boy with a big personality. She loves to share real food recipes, parenting tips & encouragement, fun kids activities, and so much more! Plus she is thrilled to provide you with a space to celebrate all that is awesome (and a little crazy) in the world.