By: Vickie | Updated: 9th June 2023
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure Policy.
These buffalo turkey meatballs are super flavourful, nutritious, simple to make, and an excellent appetizer or a fantastic dinner with a side of veggies. I love how simple they are to make and a meal that I know the family will enjoy. A versatile dish that can be served in so many different ways, it is one that I know will be a firm favorite on your family meal plan.
Updated June 2023: This post was originally published in January 2019.
They’re made with ground turkey rather than ground beef, and almond flour replaces the breadcrumbs found in most meatball recipes. They are nutritious, full of protein and goodness, and taste amazing.
You don’t need too many ingredients to bring these meatballs to life, and you likely will have some of the things you need on the shelves in your cupboard.
This meatball recipe is a subtle play on the classic buffalo wings you may already enjoy. Traditionally used with chicken wings, this is a family-friendly way of enjoying the flavors without the worry of bones that you find in chicken wings. They taste incredible and are such an easy recipe to make when you are busy during the week.
Why You’ll Love These Meatballs
First of all, it is a good idea to ensure that you can get all of the ingredients together. Focusing on this first means that the cooking process will be simple. You will need:
- Lean Ground Turkey
- Egg Beaten
- Almond Flour
- Light Miracle Whip
- Green Onion Stalks that are chopped
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Fat-Free Ranch for dipping
How to make the Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
Now that you have all your ingredients to hand, it is time to make this easy meatball recipe.
The first thing you need to do is preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Get your chosen baking sheet and line it with some parchment paper so that the meatballs don’t stick when cooking.
Start combining all ingredients together in a mixing bowl, excluding the buffalo sauce. You might want to use your hands for this. Make sure all of those ingredients have combined well.
Roll a handful of the meat mixture into 1 ½ inch balls with your hands and place on the prepared baking sheet.
Place them into your preheated oven and then bake for 20 minutes.
Once cooked, remove the meatballs from the baking sheet and place them on a skillet on medium heat.
Add the buffalo sauce to the skillet of meatballs and stir until well-coated and warm. You can then remove the meatballs from the heat.
Serve with your chosen accompaniment or side, and enjoy!
- Add some vegetables that you can roast up at the same time as the meatballs. Think peppers, mushrooms, or even courgettes. They will also take on the buffalo flavors nicely.
- Change up the mince you are using. Turkey mince is lean, but you could use chicken mince or even beef mince if you wish.
- Make this a veggie meal by using Quorn or other soy-based mince.
- Choose a different sauce if you don’t want the spice of the buffalo sauce. A simple tomato sauce will work well.
- You could use a slow cooker or an instant pot to create these meatballs. Add all the ingredients, including the browned meatballs and leave on high for four hours or use your instant pot saute to brown the meatballs and then add the sauce and cook for minutes.
Notes and tips
- Wetting your hands slightly before handling the turkey mince will make it easier to create the meatballs. You could also use a cookie scoop so that you can get them to be more consistent in size.
- Using the skillet will help to coat the meatballs in that lovely buffalo sauce flavor. But you can use another pan, such as a frying pan or even a stovetop pot. You could also continue using the oven, coat the meatballs with the sauce, and reheat them that way.
Frequently Asked Questions
These buffalo turkey meatballs can be served with so many different options. You could serve it with rice, pasta, or even potatoes. Mashed potatoes or fried chips will be great with this meal.
You could also add a cocktail stick and serve them as part of a platter for a buffet. Great for a party or as an appetizer.
If you do have any leftovers, then let them cool completely and then add them to an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to three days. This is the perfect meal to batch cook or make ahead for lunches.
You can also freeze these meatballs. You could freeze them raw or cooked. Add them individually to a baking sheet, and then once frozen, you can store them in a freezer bag. Make sure they are defrosted before you cook or reheat.
Absolutely you can. You could choose to use Quorn mince or other soy-based mince if you wish. You would need to check that the buffalo sauce is vegetarian. Most brands are, but once you do that, you could have this as a meat-free meal.
More Recipes You May Like
I hope you enjoy making and eating your Buffalo Turkey Meatballs. If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and a comment below! Follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter for more delicious recipes!
Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb. of Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 tablespoon Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon Light Miracle Whip
- 5 Green Onion Stalks chopped
- 1 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cilantro
- 1 and 1/4 cups Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Fat-Free Ranch for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Start combining all ingredients, except buffalo sauce, in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine well.
- Roll into 1 and 1/2 inch balls with your hands and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and place in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add in buffalo sauce and stir until well coated and warm.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.