Decadent and delicious, this ooey, gooey chocolate brownie pudding is every chocolate lover’s dream come true! An outer brownie shell hides a rich chocolate pudding underneath!
Hot Chocolate Pudding Cake — not quite a brownie, and not quite a pudding, but a nice blend of the two, is extremely easy and FAST to make!
A couple of spoonfuls of this, either warm straight from the oven or warmed up in the microwave, and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, easily satisfies any chocolate lovers craving.
This Brownie Pudding is…
- ooey, gooey, and seriously delicious
- sure to warm you up on a cold night
- so darn good that I just had to share it with you
MAKE THIS HOT CHOCOLATE PUDDING CAKE
Butter or Shortening?
Shortening is a white, solid fat made from vegetable oils. Personally, I prefer to use butter instead but it’s down to personal choice and what you have available. And generally, butter or margarine is a straight swap for shortening.
Have a sweet tooth? Here are some other delicious desserts that you may like.
Hot Chocolate Brownie Pudding
- 1 cup of All-Purpose Flour or plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Salt
- 3/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 a cup of Milk
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted Butter/Shortening melted
NEEDED AT STEP 5
- 3/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 a cup of Cocoa
- 1 and 3/4 cup of HOT Water
- Start by sifting together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Add in your milk, vanilla, and melted shortening.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Mix together your brown sugar and cocoa.
- Sprinkle all over the top of your batter.
- Pour hot water over entire batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!
If you want the nutritional information for a recipe, I recommend entering the recipe into this nutrition analyzer, which will calculate it for you.
Vickie aka The Crazy Family Mom
Vickie is the creator of A Crazy Family. She is a stay-at-home mom of a little boy with a big personality. She loves to share real food recipes, parenting tips & encouragement, fun kids activities, and so much more! Plus she is thrilled to provide you with a space to celebrate all that is awesome (and a little crazy) in the world.