By: Vickie | Updated: 17th January 2023
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure Policy.
You are going to love these jalapeno popper bites! Not only are they absolutely delicious, but they are also easy to whip up in a pinch! This will be a party favorite!
When it comes to wanting a snack or a starter that can be whipped up in minutes, tastes delicious, and looks like it has taken a lot of effort, then I have the perfect recipe for you.
These jalapeño popper bites are a taste sensation. They are packed full of flavor, use fresh and simple ingredients, and are so easy to make. You can whip these up pretty quickly, so ideal if you want a tasty snack.
While the jalapeño popper bites might be a little spicy in flavor, I still think the kids will love them. There is a warming heat from the jalapeno that isn’t as sharp as, say, fresh chili peppers.
The filo cups make this a really simple dish to recreate, but you could also have a go at making them yourself. Just take some filo sheets and place them in a muffin tin to create a cup, brush with some oil and bake to harden them up.
However, the ready-made cups speed the process up and do look very consistent in appearance. So if you fancy giving these jalapeño popper bites a go, then here is everything you need to know to make this delicious snack or appetizer at home.
Jalapeno Popper Party Bites
This super simple party appetizer sure is packed full of deliciousness! Phyllo Shells loaded with a blend of cream cheese, mayonnaise, chopped jalapenos, cheddar cheese, and bacon pieces, then baked to perfection!
They are so much fun to make and extremely popular, and the kids will love to help. So, if you are looking for an appetizer that is sure to please, give these a try.
- 15 Phyllo Shells
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2-3 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp bacon pieces, pre-cooked
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Bites
1. First of all, gather all of your ingredients together and any equipment you might need. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, ready for baking, when you have assembled the filo cups.
2. Rinse the jalapenos, cut the stems off, and then chop finely. This is a personal preference, so you can leave them slightly chunky if you wish. Then add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, chopped jalapenos, and cheddar cheese to a small bowl, stirring well to combine all of the delicious fresh ingredients.
3. Arrange filo cups or shells on a baking sheet. Spoon some of the mixture into each one and top with bacon pieces. Spreading the mixture across each cup evenly.
4. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven, and bake for 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them, as you don’t want them to burn.
5. Remove from the oven, and serve warm. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Make the filling ahead of time. The cream cheese mixture can be made in advance. Keep it stored in a covered container in the fridge.
- To soften the cream cheese, leave it out at room temperature for 15 minutes. It will make it easy to stir in the other ingredients.
- Feel free to add extra bacon if you’re a bacon lover!
- If you want less heat, cut back on the jalapeño. Or, for more heat, leave in the seeds and membranes or add another jalapeño.
- All ovens are different, so be mindful and check on your jalapeno popper bites at 10 minutes to ensure they are not burning.
- This would be perfect with some extra freshness. You could add some fresh vegetables such as broccoli that has been cooked and cooled or even spring onions. Think diced tomato, chopped red onions, or avocado slices after baking.
- Another great way to add freshness is through fresh herbs. Add some cut fresh chives to the cream cheese mix. A sprig of coriander or parsley can decorate the top and add some more flavor to each bite.
- You could also add a drizzle of sauce to these popper bites. Sweet chili sauce will work well. You could also try placing a scoop of guacamole or spicy salsa on top for more flavor.
- If you are not a fan of jalapenos, you could still make these but using different ingredients. You could add cooked and cooled broccoli to the cream cheese mixture for a different flavor. These would be perfect for children and a great way to disguise some veggies if chopped small enough.
How should I serve the jalapeño popper bites?
These make great snacks on their own, but you could also serve them as a starter or appetizer. They would work really well with a side of fresh salad. Lettuce, cucumber, peppers, and diced tomatoes.
You could also consider putting a dipping sauce on the side. If you want to enjoy other flavors, then serve them with similar bite-sized appetizers. Spring rolls, samosas, or dumplings would be great additions.
How do I store the jalapeño popper bites?
If you have any leftovers, then you will need to let them cool completely before adding them to an airtight container and storing them in the fridge. They will last up to three days.
You can reheat them in the microwave or oven. These are also enjoyable served cold.
Can I freeze the jalapeño popper bites?
These are not suitable for freezing as the cream cheese doesn’t freeze too well.
More bite-sized recipes:
Jalapeno Popper Bites
- 15 Phyllo Shells
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2-3 jalapenos finely chopped
- 2 tbsp bacon pieces pre-cooked
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the jalapenos, and cut the stems off, then chop finely.
- Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, chopped jalapenos, and cheddar cheese to a small bowl, and stir well to combine.
- Arrange Phyllo Shells on a baking sheet.
- Spoon some of the mixture into each of the Phyllo Shells.
- Tope each of the filled Phyllo Shells with bacon pieces.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and serve warm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.