Quick, easy, and super flavorful gluten-free Wild Garlic Pesto – Amazing tossed with pasta, and just as tasty served with salads & baked potatoes!
I love wild garlic pesto sauce just as much as the traditional basil pesto recipe.
It’s LOADED with tons of flavor, incredibly easy to make, and as an added bonus, it’s also gluten-free.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE WILD GARLIC PESTO
Ready in just 5 minutes, all you only need to make this easy recipe is:
- fresh wild garlic leaves
- high-quality olive oil
- garlic glove
- pine nuts
- finely grated parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE WILD GARLIC PESTO
- Roast pine nuts in a pan on low to medium heat till nuts turn brown – see the full recipe and instructions below.
- Put garlic, parmesan, olive oil, roasted pine nuts in a food processor, add wild garlic leaves in batches to process.
- Add salt to taste
Serve with pasta or over baked potatoes. Add to a salad, with cooked meat, or simply on top of toasted bread. YUM!
TIPS FOR MAKING WILD GARLIC PESTO
- You can find and forage wild garlic, also known as ramsons, in many public parks in Europe and America.
- You can replace wild garlic leaves with basil leaves for basil pesto.
- Wild garlic pesto is often used in Italian fine dining.
- If you cannot forage for wild garlic where you are, most Chinese shops sell Chinese garlic chives (also a seasonal vegetable) that can be used as a replacement. It tastes similar but the hint of garlic is a lot weaker.