Cucumber Kimchi Salad
Bursting with Asian flavor and crunchy texture, this quick and easy recipe is an absolute must try if you’re a fan of the traditional Korean style side dish!
Easy Kimchi Salad
Are you looking for new side dishes to share with friends and family or change up your lunch menu? Discover how cucumbers, Korean chili paste (gochujang), and a few other ingredients combine to create this great side salad or snack.
With sweetness, tanginess, and crunch from the vegetables, this popular Korean side dish comes together easily and quickly. Let me show you how easy this is to make.
- English cucumber
- Green onions
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Minced garlic
How to Make
1. In a medium bowl, mix cucumber, green onions, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and gochujang until well incorporated.
2. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve this spicy cucumber kimchi salad with meat dishes like this Korean beef, in fried rice, or enjoy it on its own.
Tips & Tricks
- For a more spice, add more gochujang. If it is too spicy, reduce the amount.
- Not all grocery stores carry specialty spices like gochujang (a Korean fermented chili paste). Check the Asian food section of large supermarkets or Asian grocery stores.
- If you cannot get hold of gochujang, substitute it for ssamjang, sriracha, or another spicy sauce.
I hope you enjoy your cucumber kimchi. If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and a comment below! Follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter for more delicious recipes!
Cucumber Kimchi Salad
- 3 cups english cucumber chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tsp gochujang
- In a medium bowl, mix cucumber, green onions, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and gochujang until well incorporated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
Pin This Recipe for Later!
Hello, I’m Vickie aka The Crazy Family Mom!
The creator of A Crazy Family and a stay-at-home mom of a little boy with a big personality. I love to share real food recipes, parenting tips & encouragement, fun kids activities, and so much more! Plus, I am thrilled to provide you with a space to celebrate all that is awesome (and a little crazy) in the world.