Rotini Pasta Salad
Sometimes we just want something simple to enjoy. This is always apparent during the week if you have a busy schedule, or you just want something simple and tasty because it is hot outside. This is when I have the perfect recipe for you, the rotini pasta salad.
This rotini pasta salad is a classic summer salad recipe that will please a crowd. This delicious cold salad is loaded full of delicious ingredients like olives, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese and is easy to create.
This refreshing dish is perfect for the summertime months! It’s delicious, filling, and easy to make. There is no denying that you can put this dish together simply and quickly, what’s not to like?
So if you’re looking for a quick and healthy lunch or dinner option, give this recipe a try! Also, a great idea is to make this for your next BBQ, I just know everyone will love it. Be sure to keep this easy recipe in your favorites!
If you love pasta recipes be sure and check out our easy Rosemary And Thyme Chicken Pasta Bake, plus if you looking for more recipes with tomatoes then you must see this collection of 17 Tasty Tomato Recipes For Summer.
Here are the ingredients for the main element of the Rotini Pasta Salad:
Now to make a dressing. Here is everything you need:
- If you wanted to add to this pasta then you could look at adding more ingredients to it. You could then definitely enjoy this as a full summer meal rather than a side dish or just a lunch. It may also spread further. A great tip is to add some leftover meat to it. Roast chicken, gammon, or ham would work well.
- This is a great dish to make ahead for lunches at school or to take with you on a picnic. Make it in the morning and let it refrigerate before packing it up for a lunch on the go.
- This is a great side dish for BBQs or for when you have some cold meats to eat on a warm summer’s evening. You could also add other vegetables to the salad like cold roasted peppers and courgettes.
How to make the Rotini Pasta Salad
Now that you have all your ingredients together it now time to make the rotini pasta salad.
Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. This will usually take you about 8-10 minutes. If you want, try a piece to make sure you have the right texture before taking it off the boil.
Drain water from the pasta, and rinse the pasta under cold water. This will ensure that you bring down the temperature of the pasta quickly and stops the cooking process. Then add it to a large bowl, add dressing, and the seasoning. Make sure you stir well for all of the ingredients to combine.
Next up, you need to add the fillings. Cut the cheese into ¼-inch chunks
Once the cheese is prepared, add it to the bowl of pasta along with the olives. and tomatoes. Toss to make sure that you have evenly distributed the ingredients amongst the pasta, and so the other ingredients will get a coating of the dressing.
Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Enjoy!
Notes and Tips
- Make sure you test your pasta before taking it off the boil. It can vary in cooking length from around 8-10 minutes.
- Ensure you run cold water over the pasta for as long as it takes to bring the temperature right down. This stops the pasta from continuing to cook with the heat and steam.
- Make sure you refrigerate the dish before serving. It gives the dressing a chance to marinade the pasta and the extra ingredients and ensures that the pasta is refreshing.
- If you can prepare all of the ingredients ahead of time. It means that once the pasta is cooked you can assemble the rotini pasta salad quickly and get it in the fridge.
How should I serve the Rotini Pasta Salad?
You can serve it in a large bowl for everyone to portion up themselves, as a complete meal, or as a side dish for cooked meats.
Can it be made ahead of time?
Yes, it does need to be made ahead of time as it is a dish that requires time in the fridge. You need to make this at least one hour before you need it. A great tip is to make it on the morning you need it or even the night before.
How do I store the Rotini Pasta Salad?
If you have any leftovers or while you are refrigerating the pasta salad it would need to be stored in an airtight container. This ensures that the pasta stays fresh.
How long can I store the rotini pasta salad?
It will last in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days.
More Family-Friendly Summertime Recipes
I hope you enjoy your Rotini Pasta Salad. If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and a comment below! Follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter for more delicious recipes!
Rotini Pasta Salad
- 16 oz Garden Rotini or Tri-Color Rotini Pasta
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- 6 oz can black olives drained
- 10 oz cherub or cherry tomatoes rinsed
For the Dressing
- 8 oz Italian dressing and marinade
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain water from pasta, and rinse pasta under cold water.
- Add pasta to a large bowl, and add dressing and seasoning. Stir well.
- Cut the cheese into ¼ inch chunks
- Add cheese, olives, and tomatoes to the bowl of pasta. Toss.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
Hello, I’m A Crazy Family!
A Crazy Family strives to be the go-to destination for modern, savvy moms. Our aim is to share great tips, good food, recommendations, and helpful info for smart, busy moms just like you!