By: Vickie | Updated: 8th March 2023
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure Policy.
This Korean beef bulgogi bowl recipe is an easy recipe for a busy weeknight and so delicious.
Easy Korean Beef Bulgogi Bowl Recipe
Are you craving a delicious fusion of sweet and savory flavors? If so, then our Korean Beef Bulgogi Bowl is the perfect recipe for you!
Bulgogi literally means “fire meat” in Korean because traditionally, this dish was marinated and cooked over an open flame. We’ve adapted it to make it into a quick yet flavorful dinner.
This meal is an easy way to bring classic Korean flavor into your kitchen! Plus, the leftovers make amazing lunches or dinners during the week too! Let me show you how easy this is to make.
- Beef (try rib eye or sirloin steak)
- Brown sugar
- Soy sauce
- Grape juice
- Sesame oil
- Green onions
- Minced garlic
- White Rice
How to Make Korean Beef Bowls
1. In a large bowl, mix beef, brown sugar, soy sauce, sparkling juice, sesame oil, green onions, and garlic until meat is well coated. Let marinate for at least 3 hours.
2. Once meat has marinated for at least 3 hrs, line a baking sheet with foil and transfer meat to the baking sheet.
3. While the meat is marinating, make the rice.
4. Broil meat in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until darkened and cooked to desired temp.
5. Serve meat over rice with yum yum sauce drizzled on top. Kimchi salad can be added to the top or served on the side.
Tips & Tricks
- For best results, make sure to slice your beef very thinly. Or you can find pre-sliced meat at an Asian grocery store or a Korean market, most Asian grocery stores carry thinly sliced beef for the purpose of cooking Bulgogi.
- You can marinate the meat longer than 3 hrs to let the flavors soak into the meat.
Korean Beef Bulgogi
- 3 pounds beef
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup sparkling grape juice
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- In a large bowl mix stew meat, brown sugar, soy sauce, sparkling juice, sesame oil, green onions, and garlic until meat is well coated. Let marinate for at least 3 hours
- Once meat has marinated at least 3 hrs, line a baking sheet with foil and transfer meat to baking sheet
- Broil meat in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until darkened and cooked to desired temp.
- Serve meat over rice with yum yum sauce drizzled on top. Kimchi salad can be added to the top or served on the side.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
This easy dinner recipe is a family favorite in our home. Delicious one-bowl meal served over rice with kimchi.