This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
This Tuscan chicken pasta is a perfect one-skillet dinner meal. Plan your weeknight dinner menu with this easy cast iron skillet meal. This flavorful pasta meal takes just 30 minutes to make!
When it comes to finding a meal that the whole family loves, you can’t go wrong with a one-skillet meal. A feast that tastes incredible and can be made in just 30 minutes, how can you not love it?
We know it can be stressful at meal times, especially during the week. You may have clubs to take the kids to, things to be doing, or even trying to work from home, and life can get chaotic.
This is a delicious meal that the whole family will love. It has fresh ingredients included and chicken is often a winner with kids. It is creamy and cheesy, and it doesn’t take much to prepare or cook.
I know the whole family will love it just as much as mine do. So without further ado, here is everything you need to know to make Tuscan Chicken Pasta.
Ingredients for the Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 tsp of coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 8 oz of sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of milk
- ⅔ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz of penne pasta
- You could always add other veggies to this dish if you want to make it go further. Peas, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, and courgettes will all work well with this recipe.
- You could make this a vegetarian dish by omitting the chicken and adding any of the above vegetables to it.
- Make this a pasta bake by putting in an oven-proof dish and adding some cheese on top and grilling or broiling into golden on top.
- Add bacon to the chicken to give it more flavor and add an extra element of meat.
- Fresh tomatoes will work well with this recipe if you prefer. You could roast them first before adding them.
- You can use any pasta you wish. This would also work nicely with other shapes or spaghetti.
How to make the Tuscan Chicken Pasta
First of all, you will need to prepare your chicken. Make sure you cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. This will help to evenly cook the chicken.
Next up, take your cast iron skillet, or chosen pan if you don’t have one, and add the olive oil and chicken. Make sure at this stage you season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
You will want to cook the chicken over medium heat until cooked through. This should take you about 10 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, make your penne pasta. Fill a large pot halfway with water, bring to a boil, and add the pasta to it. Cook over high heat for 8 minutes. Then drain the water.
Once your chicken is cooked you will need to remove it from the skillet or pan and set it aside until later.
Using the same pan or cast iron skillet, saute the butter, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach over medium heat. Do this until the spinach has started to wilt.
Add the cream and milk, and cook until it comes to a simmer.
Once it starts to simmer, you need to remove it from heat and stir in the Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
Add the chicken and pasta and combine all of the ingredients together.
Serve as soon as possible with your chosen accompaniments.
Notes and Tips
- Make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through. Cutting the chicken into equal size pieces can help, but you should also check when cooking to ensure there are no pink bits. Cut a piece in half to check.
- Using the same pan or cast iron skillet saves on mess and washing up.
- If you don’t have a cast iron skillet you can use any large depth pan or a frying pan will work well. You just need to ensure there is enough space within it for the pasta and all of the ingredients to combine well before serving.
How should I serve the Tuscan Chicken Pasta?
You could serve it in the cast iron skillet and take it straight to the table for everyone to dig in. It works well with roast vegetables, a salad, or some garlic bread.
How do I store the Tuscan Chicken Pasta?
If you have any leftovers then you need to store them in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last up to two days. Make sure they cool completely before putting them in the fridge.
Can I freeze the Tuscan Chicken Pasta?
You can freeze this Tuscan Chicken Pasta. Make sure you let it cool completely and then put it in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for three months.
How can I reheat the Tuscan Chicken Pasta?
Reheating leftovers or defrosted Tuscan Chicken Pasta can either be done on the hob or in the oven. You could add some cheese on top and turn it into a pasta bake.
More of our Family’s Favorite Chicken Dinner Recipes:
Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 8 oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz penne pasta
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Add the olive oil and chicken to a cast iron skillet, then season with the salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Cook the chicken over medium heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, make your pasta noodles. Fill a large pot halfway with water, bring to a boil, add the noodles, and cook over high heat for 8 minutes. Then drain the water.
- Remove cooked chicken from the skillet, set aside.
- Saute the butter, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach over medium heat until the spinach has started to wilt.
- Add the cream and milk, and cook until it comes to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
- Add the chicken and pasta, stir, and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
Created by Vickie aka The Crazy Family Mom
Vickie is the creator of A Crazy Family. She is a stay-at-home mom of a little boy with a big personality. She loves to share real food recipes, parenting tips & encouragement, fun kids activities, and so much more! Plus she is thrilled to provide you with a space to celebrate all that is awesome (and a little crazy) in the world.