This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
These Cheese and Marmite Puff Pastry Twists are quick & easy to make and even the fussiest of kids will love them. With only 3 ingredients and a short cooking time, you could easily whip these up in a hurry, or a great after-school snack for the kiddos!
When it comes to having the ideal snack for your little ones for their lunchboxes or after school there are a few things to consider. You want some uncomplicated and easy to make, so even the fussiest of children will enjoy them.
You need them to have a few ingredients so you don’t need too much fuss, and finally, you need them to be super tasty. I have got the perfect recipe for you.
These Cheese and Marmite Puff Pastry Twists are quick and easy to make. With only 3 main ingredients and a short cooking time, you could easily whip these up in a hurry, or a great after-school snack for the kiddos!
But while this is a simple recipe to make, it can be easily adapted to add other things to it, as well as it being something that you know your children are going to love.
So without further ado, here is everything you need to know to make the cheese and marmite puff pastry twists.
What You’ll Love About Cheese and Marmite Puff Pastry Twists
- Quick to make in about 25 minutes
- Perfect for a snack
- Only 3 main ingredients
Here are the simple ingredients you’ll need to make these easy cheese and marmite puff pastry twists.
- Puff Pastry
- Grated Cheese
- Egg Wash or Milk Glaze
How to make the Cheese and Marmite Puff Pastry Twists
The first thing you need to do is preheat your oven to 190°C.
Next up roll out your puff pastry into an oblong. Or if it is ready rolled unravel it ready to start prepping it.
Spread the marmite over one-half of the puff pastry and sprinkle over the cheese.
Fold the pastry over the cheese and marmite mix as if to make a sandwich.
You then need to cut the pastry into fingers. You could aim for about 1 to 1 ½ inches wide. Twist the finger of pastry and filling around and place on a nonstick baking tray.
Brush with egg wash or milk glaze. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Let them cool a little before eating. Enjoy your snack. These are simply delicious.
Equipment Needed to Make Cheese and Marmite Twists
What to Serve with the Cheese and Marmite Puff Pastry Twists?
You can serve them on their own as a snack, in lunchboxes as part of a balanced meal, or you could even serve them up with other snacky foods as part of a picky tea.
Things like pizza sticks, vegetable crudites, and dips, along with sandwiches and other snack items are often all kids want to eat. Letting them pick a few bits helps take the stress out of busy meal times.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Make sure you brush the pastry with an egg glaze or milk wash. This helps to get that golden crunch on the pastry.
- Only cover half of the oblong of the pastry in marmite and cheese. You will fold over the other side to cover it.
- A nonstick baking tray means that the cheese and marmite puff pastry twists won’t stick to the sheet once they are cooked.
Substitutions and Variations
- You could make this Vegan if you wish. Just ensure that you use vegan cheese and vegan-friendly milk for the glaze. You could also ensure that the pastry is vegan-friendly.
- You could add vegetables to these twists. Tomatoes work well, as well as mushrooms or peppers.
- Why not add some leftover meat to the cheese and marmite puff pastry twists? Things like shredded ham and chicken would be super tasty with the cheese and marmite.
- It would be super cheesy to add a few variations of cheese to the marmite. Maybe a stronger-tasting one or some shredded mozzarella to make it stringy. Kids love that.
- Add some tomato sauce or puree to the other half that you haven’t added marmite to for a different combination of flavor.
Can they be made ahead of time?
Yes, they can be made ahead of time. You can bake them a day or two beforehand and they will last for around 4 days.
These are great appetizers, so if you do find you have a fair few things to cook on the day, then these could be made the day before to save time. You can also make a batch and freeze it for when you need them.
How do I store the Cheese and Marmite Puff Pastry Twists?
You should store the cheese and marmite puff pastry twists in an airtight container in the fridge until you want them. Make sure they cool completely before adding them to the fridge.
Can they be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze them. You can freeze them raw so they are ready to bake when you need them or freeze leftovers that have been cooked.
How can I reheat the Cheese and Marmite Puff Pastry Twists?
To reheat the cheese and marmite puff pastry twists simply add them back to the oven for a few minutes. You can do this straight from the freezer on a low setting or let them defrost first and then reheat. They are best served warm.
More fun & easy snacks
- Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks – These portable pizza sticks are fun, delicious, and super easy for snacks, party appetizers, or lunch on the go!
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks – A simple and healthier way to enjoy mozzarella sticks without the heavy use of oil and grease.
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels – These ham and cheese pinwheels are simple to make and taste delicious. Loaded with cream cheese, ranch seasoning, cheddar cheese, and ham, these easy tortilla roll-ups will be a hit!
I hope you enjoy making and eating your Cheese and Marmite Puff Pastry Twists. If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and a comment below! Follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter for more delicious recipes!
Cheese and Marmite Puff Pastry Twists
- Puff Pastry
- Grated Cheese dairy-free if making vegan
- Egg Wash or Milk Glaze use dairy-free milk if vegan
- Preheat your oven to 190°C
- Roll out puff pastry into an oblong.
- Spread marmite over one half and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Fold the pastry over the cheese and marmite mix.
- Cut into fingers (about 1-inch to 1½-inches wide), twist around and place on a non stick baking tray.
- Brush with egg wash or milk glaze.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
- Let them cool a little before eating.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
Created by Vickie aka The Crazy Family Mom
Vickie is the creator of A Crazy Family. She is a stay-at-home mom of a little boy with a big personality. She loves to share real food recipes, parenting tips & encouragement, fun kids activities, and so much more! Plus she is thrilled to provide you with a space to celebrate all that is awesome (and a little crazy) in the world.