This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
When it comes to cooking for kids, or even in the summer months, often we want something tasty, quick, and that the whole family will enjoy. Nobody enjoys slaving over a meal only for it to be refused. The solution. Pizza sticks.
Pizza is usually a winner for most people. It is simple and delicious, and you can change the recipe to suit your own tastebuds and the things you like.
Pizza sticks are always a hit with both kids and adults. These are fun, delicious, and super easy for snacks, party appetizers, or lunch on the go! How can you not love a portable pizza stick?
First of all, they are only 4 ingredients. Virtually no dishes to clean up. And they’re super quick to put together. There’s nothing quite as fun as these Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks!
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can tailor it to suit you and your family. Obviously, if you’re not a fan of pepperoni, just leave those out. You could try adding in some sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, or other pizza fixings you like!
So without further ado here is everything you need to know to make the Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks.
I wasn’t kidding when I said 4 ingredients. Here are the things you need:
- If you don’t like pepperoni then why not add something else to the pizza stick? You could look at adding cooked chicken, ham, or even cooked ground beef. You could also make this veggie and add things like bell peppers, courgettes, mushrooms, or sweetcorn. The options are endless.
- You could make this more of a substantial meal by adding leftover bolognaise instead of the pizza sauce. Then add the mozzarella string cheese to it and carry on as normal. A tasty way to use up those leftovers.
- On the subject of leftovers, this is a great way to use up things you may have in the fridge. Leftover curry and sauces will make a great addition and most things will work well with cheese.
How to make the Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks
Lightly grease a baking sheet and unroll the crescent dough sheet.
Unwrap 6 string cheese pieces and then place one piece of string cheese on the top left-hand side. Layer a few pepperoni pieces on or under the string cheese.
Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut a strip of the dough around the string cheese.
Fold the empty bottom half of the dough upwards and roll it to form around the cheese and pepperoni.
Repeat for the other pieces.
For a slightly different variation – cut bite-size pieces of string cheese and place a piece of cheese and one pepperoni into the dough.
Bake in the oven according to the crescent dough instructions. This is a great recipe for a convection oven too!
Allow to slightly cool and serve with a dish of pizza sauce or soured cream and chive sauce for dipping.
Notes and Tips
- This is a great recipe to get the kids involved with. However, make sure they are supervised when needed.
- Allow the pizza sticks to cool a little. The filling inside will get very hot and hold its temperature, making them difficult to enjoy straight from the oven.
How should I serve the Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks?
They can be served as a snack, a light lunch, or as part of a buffet you are creating. If you want to make them more substantial or part of a meal, think about the fillings or serve the Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks with some chips and salad.
They could also work well for toddlers as they are easy to hold. Just make sure they have cooled enough for them to handle and bite into them.
Can they be made ahead of time?
Yes, you can make them ahead of time. If you want to warm them up you can pop them in the oven for a few minutes to warm through. Or why not consider adding them to an air fryer to crisp up on the outside?
How do I store the Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks?
If you want to store them before eating or you have any leftovers then make sure they have cooled completely and add them to an airtight container to store in the fridge. They will last a few days in the fridge.
Can they be frozen?
Yes, they can be frozen. Once you have baked them let them cool and then add them to a freezer lock bag and store in the freezer for up to three months. When you want to use them, let them defrost and then heat up as suggested with leftovers.
How can I reheat the Pizza Sticks?
You can reheat the pizza sticks in the oven or an air fryer.
More Family-Friendly Pepperoni Recipes
Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks
- 1 package crescent dough sheet
- Pizza sauce
- 6 pieces Mozzarella string cheese
- 15 slices Pepperoni
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and unroll the crescent dough sheet.
- Unwrap 6 string cheese pieces.
- Place one piece of string cheese on the top left-hand side.
- Layer a few pepperoni pieces on or under the string cheese.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut a strip of the dough around the string cheese.
- Fold the empty bottom half of the dough upwards and roll it to form around the cheese and pepperoni.
- Repeat for the other pieces.
- For a slightly different variation – cut bite-size pieces of string cheese and place a piece of cheese and one pepperoni into the dough.
- Bake in the oven according to the crescent dough instructions. This is a great recipe for a convection oven too!
- Allow to slightly cool and serve with a dish of pizza sauce for dipping.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
Created by Vickie aka The Crazy Family Mom
Vickie is the creator of A Crazy Family. She is a stay-at-home mom of a little boy with a big personality. She loves to share real food recipes, parenting tips & encouragement, fun kids activities, and so much more! Plus she is thrilled to provide you with a space to celebrate all that is awesome (and a little crazy) in the world.