This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These mummy rice krispy treats are perfect for Halloween. They are the classic rice krispy treat we all know and love, but they are drizzled with delicious white chocolate. A fun and tasty treat that the kids will love with a spooky theme. You are going to love them.
Fun Halloween Rice Krispy Treats
Halloween is such a fun time of the year, and for kids, a chance to have fun, get dressed up, and celebrate all things spooky with their family and friends. So if you like to make things fun, and love getting creative with food, then these Mummy Rice Krispy Treats are perfect.
Delicious rice krispy treats that are drizzled with white chocolate and decorated with edible candy eyes will look amazing at a Halloween party or as part of a fun-themed meal or snack for the family.
This recipe is super easy. We have used ready-made rice krispy treats, but you can also make your own really easily.
It is also a fun recipe to make with the kids, so if they like to get involved in the kitchen, why not set them up so they can make and decorate them? These are sweet and fun to make, the perfect Halloween snack.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Festive and fun – all the spooky Halloween treats will have kids excited for this time of year.
- Make ahead of time – nothing better than an easy recipe that can be made the day before without compromising on taste, like this easy rice krispy treat.
- No oven required – no need to turn the oven on. These tasty treats are a no-bake recipe that’s fun for kids.
- Rice Krispy Treats
- Black and White Paper Straws
- White Candy Melts
- Candy Eyes
How to Make Mummy Rice Krispy Treats
1. First of all, you can start by cutting each paper straw in half.
2. Next up, push ½ a straw through the bottom of each rice krispy treat, as shown in the pictures.
3. Place one bag of candy melts into your measuring cup and microwave at 45-second intervals, stirring vigorously after each, until smooth. Take care not to burn, as this will change the flavor and make it bitter.
4. Dip each rice krispy treat in white chocolate, holding on to the straw. Shake off any excess and lay down gently on parchment paper. You can then place them in the fridge for 10 minutes.
5. Once the chocolate has hardened, melt down your other bag of candy melts and pour it into a piping bag.
6. Cut a small tip off the piping bag and drizzle lines, side to side, over each treat. Let the chocolate fall and set as it drizzles. This can be a lot of fun but also a little messy.
7. Grab your candy eyes and put a small drop of chocolate on the back as glue and place it on the top of the rice krispy treat as shown.
8. Tie a ribbon around each straw if using. Then serve and enjoy!
Substitutions & Variations
- You can use any rice krispy treats you like. Milk chocolate or just plain marshmallow ones. Dipping in the white chocolate will give you that white base for your mummy creations.
- If you are making your own rice krispy treats, you could add other things like chocolate chips, crushed-up cookies, or mini marshmallows.
- If you don’t have candy eyes, two chocolate chips will work just as well.
Notes and Tips
- You will need to give the chocolate time to set, this will make things easier when decorating. It should only take around 10 minutes to harden.
- If the kids are helping, you may want to use a kitchen table. Cover with a tablecloth so you are not too worried about the mess. A disposable one will make clean-up extra quick.
- Give the treats time to set after you have added the candy eyes.
- Wrap each of them individually in cellophane to give away at a Halloween party or at a school event.
- This is a great recipe to make ahead of time. Perfect to prep in the morning or even the night before. Check out the storage instructions later on in this post.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the perfect sweet snack to serve at a Halloween party or as part of a special themed meal for your kids. There are plenty of ideas online for other treats you could make with a Halloween theme.
If you have made these ahead of time or you have any leftovers, then you will need to transfer them to an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. They will last up to five days.
The treats will be hard when you get them out of the fridge, so leave them on the side for a few minutes before enjoying them.
You can! You will need to make your own rice krispy treats but then use a gluten-free cereal instead. Then carry on with the recipe as normal. Yum!
More Fun Halloween Treats
Mummy Rice Krispy Treats
- 8 Rice Krispy Treats
- 4 Black and White Paper Straws
- 2 12 oz. bags of White Candy Melts
- Candy Eyes
- Start by cutting each paper straw in half.
- Next push ½ a straw through the bottom of each rice krispy treat, as shown.
- Place one bag of candy melts into your measuring cup and microwave at 45 second intervals, stirring vigorously after each, until smooth.
- Dip each rice krispy treat in white chocolate, holding on to the straw. Shake off any excess and lay down gently on parchment paper. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, melt down your other bag of candy melts and pour into a piping bag.
- Cut a small tip off the piping bag and drizzle lines, side to side, over each treat. Let chocolate set up.
- Grab your candy eyes and put a small drop of chocolate on the back and place it on the top of the rice krispy treat as shown.
- Tie a ribbon around each straw.
- Serve and enjoy! These sweet treats are too cute!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe? Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.