This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This sheet pan BBQ chicken with pineapple recipe is a delicious and easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love! Made on one pan and ready in under 30 minutes, this is everything you want in a family dinner recipe!
Pineapple BBQ chicken
I love a good sheet pan meal mostly because they are delicious, convenient, and practically foolproof – all you need to do is combine the ingredients and pop them in the oven!
This BBQ chicken with pineapple is an easy recipe with simple ingredients, but it’s also packed with flavor and all cooked in one dish.
Why We Love This Sheet Pan BBQ chicken
- Easy enough for a weeknight meal
- Healthy and yet still tender and flavorful
- Great for meal prep
- Large sheet pan or baking sheet
- Small mixing bowl
- Chicken breast, skinless and boneless
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Red onion
- BBQ sauce
- Red chili flakes
- Chopped cilantro (for garnish)
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Pineapple
1. Preheat the oven to 392 F | 200 C.
2. Add chicken breast to the baking tray. Season with salt and pepper. Add pineapple and onion around the chicken.
3. Add BBQ sauce, garlic, and red chili flakes. Toss with your hands to combine.
4. Transfer to the middle of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Add vegetables. Try adding bell pepper, carrots, broccoli, or any of your favorite veggies.
- Swap out the chicken breast for chicken thighs or chicken drumsticks.
Tips & Tricks
- You can also check the chicken is cooked by inserting an instant-read thermometer and checking the internal temperature is 165 F | 75 C
How Do I Store Chicken with Pineapple?
Allow to cool down completely. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Or store in the freezer for up to 1 month. Then allow to defrost completely and reheat in the microwave.
What Should I Serve with BBQ Chicken?
I like to serve this with rice and garlic bread, but you could also serve it with a simple side salad. Add a side of veggies like broccoli or green beans. Or simply serve with any of your favorite sides.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Ideas
- Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs with Peaches
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Cast Iron Skillet Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Bake
Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken with Pineapple
- 4 chicken breast skinless, boneless, medium size (7.05 oz | 200 g per piece)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small pineapple cut in rings (1.10 lb | 17.63 oz | 500 g)
- 1 large red onion quartered
- 2 cups BBQ sauce divided (17.63 oz | 500 g)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Small mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 392 F | 200 C.
- Add chicken breast to the baking tray. Season with salt and pepper. Add pineapple and onion around the chicken.
- Add BBQ sauce, garlic and red chili flakes. Toss with your hands to combine.
- Transfer to the middle of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with rice.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe? Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.