Rustic Style Wooden Bead Jingle Bell Ornament
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Your family will have such fun making these jingle bell ornaments. This is a perfect family craft for the holidays. Make this ornament craft project for your tree, or to gift for the holidays.
Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year and is often a time when children like to get involved in making things. You can make cards to gift to your family, decorate your trees and homes, and make DIY ornaments.
This leads me to today’s craft. Wooden Bead Jingle Bell Ornaments. Kids love to craft, and if you give them something to create then they will have endless fun following the process and making things.
This wooden bead jingle bell ornament is perfect to hang on your tree or in your home. You can make them as gifts for members of the family, or even look to add them to presents as you start wrapping family and friends’ gifts.
They look great and are a lot of fun to make. So if you fancy making a wooden bead jingle bell ornament then here is everything that you need to know to make them.
Everything that you need to create the Wooden Bead Jingle Bell Ornament
- Wooden Beads Kit (You can find them on Amazon)
- Jingle bells (You can find them on Amazon, or a craft or retail store)
- Ribbon (You can get it on Amazon, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, etc.)
Equipment & Tools
- Craft glue or hot glue gun
- You could look at buying beads that are different from the ones suggested. Maybe some Christmas-themed ones.
- These make excellent gifts or you could include one when you are wrapping a gift as an extra little trinket. It will set off your wrapping beautifully.
- You could fabric glue instead of a glue gun if you think it might be easier for little ones.
- Add different colored ribbons and mix and match them with your chosen beads.
- These can make excellent keyrings and bookmarks, so you don’t need to make them just for the holidays.
SEE THE FULL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
How to make the Wooden Bead Jingle Bell Ornament
Now that you have everything that you need it is now time to start creating. There will be times when you will need to help younger children with certain parts of the process.
Choose your beads (I used 3 of the 8mm and 3 of the 12mm beads and one jingle bell.) Cut a 12” length of ribbon and tie a small knot at one end.
String your beads and then add the jingle bell to them. This is where you and the kids can get creative. There is no right or wrong way to do this.
Make a bow from the ribbon and using the craft glue or glue gun attach it to the extra fabric above the wooden beads. You may need to offer some assistance with little ones when it comes to this bit.
Cut a 6” length of ribbon or twine, form a loop, and using the craft glue or glue gun, attach it to the top of the back side of the bowl. Your little ones might need a bit of help with this bit.
Allow the glue to dry completely before hanging.
Extra notes and tips that could help
When it comes to crafts we all know that they often can be a little stressful for parents. So here are a few extra notes and tips to ensure that this crafting session goes smoothly and everyone enjoys making the Wooden Bead Jingle Bell Ornament.
- This is something that you can get creative with. While I used the beads mentioned above you can use whatever beads you like. Different colors and combinations will look great and this is where you can make different ones that all look unique to hang on your tree and in your home.
- It might be tricky for younger children to thread their beads so you may need to offer a little assistance.
- Make sure you supervise children when using the glue gun as it is hot and it can cause an injury if not used correctly.
All of us will have questions, and you may not have 100% confidence in your crafting skills. Here are a couple of questions that will hopefully offer an answer. However, you can always comment if I haven’t covered it here.
What can I do in advance to prepare for this craft?
You need to ensure that you have made all of the necessary purchases for the beads and ribbon before you begin. I have linked a few links to Amazon but you can also google online or head to your local crafts shop to see what they have.
What will children find difficult with this craft?
I think younger children may find it hard to thread the beads but this is an excellent craft to help them with their fine motor skills so persevere with it. Older children can be left to it when it comes to this craft. But you might need to keep an eye on them when using a glue gun as it can be tricky.
I don’t have a glue gun, what else can I use?
If you don’t have a glue gun or you don’t plan on investing in one you could use fabric glue instead. It may need a little longer to ensure it has dried, but it will still give you a sturdy result.
More of our favorite Christmas ornaments:
- Wooden Clothespin Reindeer Ornament
- Layered Clothespin Snowflake Ornament
- Wooden Slice Rae Dunn Inspired Ornament
Hopefully, you will all have fun creating the Wooden Bead Jingle Bell Ornaments. If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and a comment below! And follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter for more fun crafts!
Wooden Bead Jingle Bell Ornament
- Wooden Beads Kit
- Jingle bells
- Craft glue or hot glue gun
- Choose your beads (I used 3 of the 8mm and 3 of the 12mm beads and one jingle bell.
- Cut a 12” length of ribbon and tie a small knot at one end. String your beads and then add the jingle bell
- Make a bow from the ribbon and using the craft glue or glue gun attach it to the extra fabric above the wooden beads.
- Cut a 6” length of ribbon or twine, form a loop and using the craft glue or glue gun, attach to the top of the back side of the bowl. Allow to dry completely before hanging.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.