This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pinwheels don’t get much tastier than this! You are going to love these ranch BLT pinwheels! They are loaded with delicious flavors and so simple to make! Don’t miss out on this easy appetizer recipe!
Easy BLT Pinwheels
Kids can be notoriously fussy, and often if something looks inviting on the plate, then they are more likely to try it and enjoy the food they eat. Whether it is a picnic-style evening meal in the summer or a quick lunch idea you want to make, these BLT pinwheels are the perfect option.
A play on the classic BLT sandwich, you can enjoy the traditional ingredients wrapped up into pinwheels to create something that looks enticing but tastes delicious.
They also would be ideal for buffets when hosting a get-together or even kid’s parties. They are so versatile, and you can add different ingredients to them to create different flavor combinations.
And once you have the process perfected, you can create so many different variations. Some I have shared with you below. So here is everything you need to know to make the BLT Pinwheels.
Why We Love These…
- A spin on the classic BLT sandwich with all the same delicious flavor.
- A super easy pinwheel recipe that requires only a handful of simple ingredients.
- They are the perfect appetizer and also make awesome grab-and-go quick snacks for any time of the day.
- Cream cheese
- Dry ranch seasoning
- Real bacon pieces
- Roma tomatoes
- Romaine lettuce
- Large flour tortillas
How to Make BLT Pinwheels
Step 1. First of all, you will want to spend a little time prepping the ingredients. You can dice the tomatoes and chop the lettuce ready. You will want the pieces to be small so they roll easily and don’t fall apart once cut. It is also easier to spread the ingredients across the flour tortilla.
Step 2. Get a small mixing bowl and add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, ranch dressing, and bacon. Give all of the ingredients a stir to make sure they are mixed together.
Step 3. Then start assembling the BLT Pinchweel. Add ¼ of the mixture onto each tortilla, and spread evenly.
Step 4. Sprinkle tomato and lettuce all over each tortilla. Try and spread the ingredients evenly.
Step 5. Roll the tortilla up, then wrap it in plastic wrap. Pop it in the fridge for at least two hours to help the wrap set.
Step 6. Remove from the fridge, and cut into 1-inch sections, discarding the ends. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- These pinwheels can be served as they are, or you could serve them with a dipping sauce. I recommend ranch dressing or a sweet chili sauce.
- These bacon, lettuce, and tomato pinwheels should be served the same day as they are prepared. They can be made a few hours in advance, but make sure to store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
- The end pieces aren’t full, so I usually don’t serve those. You can snack on those while making these pinwheels! They would be nice dipped into a sauce if you don’t want to waste them.
- If you don’t like ranch seasoning, feel free to use Italian seasoning, garlic powder, or any other type of seasoning that you like. A bit of salt and pepper will also work.
- While it is stepping away from the traditional BLT, you could add some roasted peppers from a jar. Chop them up and add them to create a different flavor.
- Why not try flavored cream cheese? A garlic cream cheese would really work well with the other ingredients.
- Other combinations to make in a pinwheel wrap would be ham and tomato, cheese and onion, or even a roasted vegetable one. Roast up some veggies and let them cool before adding them to a cream cheese-coated wrap and then roll them up to create the pinwheels. Yum!
- Can’t buy ready-cooked bacon pieces? Just cook some up yourself and let them cool. Then chop them into small pieces as carry on with the recipe above.
How Should I Serve The BLT Pinwheels?
They are such an easy thing to serve up and enjoy. Perfect for gatherings or parties or when you need something tasty for lunch or dinner on a warm day. You can serve them with salad, chips, or even a simple dipping sauce.
How Do I Store the BLT Pinwheels?
These are best served once ready and enjoyed on the same day. You can make them ahead of time but make sure you add them to an airtight container and store them in the fridge until you need them.
Can You Make These Gluten-Free?
If you use gluten-free tortillas, then you could definitely make these a gluten-free option to enjoy. Perfect if you have allergies or someone you are serving needs a gluten-free option. Just check out the “free from” section in your supermarket.
Want More Easy Pinwheel Recipes?
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
- Salami and Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Pinwheels
I know you and your family are going to love this simple party appetizer. Of course, these are perfect for an afternoon snack or to pack for lunch too!
Ranch BLT Pinwheels
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 oz packet dry ranch seasoning
- 2.5 oz package real bacon pieces
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce finely chopped
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Dice the tomatoes, and chop the lettuce. You want the pieces to be small, so they roll easily and don’t fall apart once cut.
- Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, ranch seasoning, and bacon to a bowl, and mix well.
- Add ¼ of the mixture onto each tortilla, and spread
- Sprinkle tomato and lettuce all over each tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla up, then wrap in saran wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and cut into 1 inch sections, discarding the ends.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
Hello, I’m Vickie aka The Crazy Family Mom!
The creator of A Crazy Family and a stay-at-home mom of a little boy with a big personality. I love to share real food recipes, parenting tips & encouragement, fun kids activities, and so much more! Plus, I am thrilled to provide you with a space to celebrate all that is awesome (and a little crazy) in the world.