This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
A perfect option for parties, these roasted red pepper and spinach pinwheels are packed with flavor. Make these simple appetizers for your next gathering. Just a few ingredients and 15 minutes are all you need to make these easy snacks!
Sometimes you want something that is quick, simple, and healthy. These roasted red pepper and spinach pinwheels are definitely something you are going to make time and time again.
Perfect for parties, a snack-type meal for your kids, or just a simple lunchtime option. So easy to make, requires only a few healthy ingredients, and you are good to go.
The best thing about this pinwheel recipe is that you can change things up to suit what you have in your home and use different ingredients.
Children can be fussy, we all know that. These pinwheels look so fun and interesting, tasty and delicious, your kids will love trying them. This is a great way to encourage fussy eaters to try some new and exciting flavors, and once you start, there really are so many wonderful combinations you can put together.
These roasted red pepper and spinach pinwheels are a classic meat-free option, but I have shared some delightful suggestions below for some other ingredients that you might want to try. So let’s get to it. Here is everything you need to know to make these roasted red pepper and spinach pinwheels.
Too busy to make this right away? Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest for when you’re ready!
Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Pinwheels Recipe:
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained of liquid
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Gather all of your ingredients together, ready to create the pinwheels. First of all, you will want to chop the spinach. You can chop this as small as you like.
2. Next up, you will need your softened cream cheese. Spread 2 oz of the cream cheese onto each of the tortillas, ready to add the rest of the ingredients.
3. Sprinkle ¼ of the spinach all over each of the tortillas.
4. Now grab your jar of roasted red peppers and make sure they are drained of any liquid. Arrange the roasted red peppers all over each of the tortillas.
5. Sprinkle cheese all over each of the tortillas.
6. Start at one end and tightly roll each of the tortillas to create your pinwheels.
7. Wrap each of the tortilla rolls in saran or plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours in the fridge.
8. Unwrap, then cut off the ends, and cut the tortilla wraps into 1-inch pieces. There you have it, your delicious roasted red pepper and spinach pinwheels.
Tips & Tricks
- Make these the day before your party to save time, and be sure to store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
- The end pieces aren’t full, so I usually don’t serve those. You can snack on those while making these pinwheels! Or, you can toss them.
- Why not add some cooked chicken to this pinwheel? It will work really well with cheese, spinach, and roasted pepper.
- This will work well for other cooked vegetables or ones that you can eat raw. You could grate up some carrots, as well as normal peppers, straight from the fridge. You could chop them up finely.
- Meats that work well in pinwheels like this include ham, chicken, cooked beef, or lamb.
- You could use other things to spread on the wraps instead of cream cheese. Coleslaw works well, as does a thin layer of tomato puree.
- Use any leftovers that can be enjoyed cold and enjoy them as a healthy lunch when you need a quick fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I serve the Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Pinwheels?
They can be enjoyed on their own as a snack, or you can serve them up as part of a platter with other finger foods at parties and get-togethers. They also will be a great summer evening meal that you could serve up with some salad and chips.
Children will love trying these, and they would be a great option on a picky plate, along with other finger foods like cucumbers, peppers, and cocktail sausages or ready-made chicken pieces.
How do I store the Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Pinwheels?
These need to be stored in the fridge. They are ideal for making ahead. Just make sure you store them in an airtight container and pop them in the fridge until you need them. They will last 3-4 days.
Can I freeze the Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Pinwheels?
These are not something you would want to freeze, but they do last a few days in the fridge, so if you do have leftovers, then you are sure to enjoy them in time. They are also so quick to make that it is worth just making a fresh batch when you want some rather than freezing and defrosting.
More pinwheel recipes:
I know you and your family are going to love this simple party appetizer. Of course, these are perfect for an afternoon snack or to pack for lunch too!
I hope you enjoy your Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Pinwheels. If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and a comment below! Follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter for more delicious recipes!
Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Pinwheels
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 12 oz jar roasted red peppers drained of liquid
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Chop the spinach.
- Spread 2 oz of cream cheese onto each of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the spinach all over each of the tortillas.
- Arrange roasted red peppers all over each of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle cheese all over each of the tortillas.
- Start at one end, and tightly roll each of the tortillas.
- Wrap each of the tortilla rolls in saran wrap.
- Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Unwrap, then cup off the ends, and cut into 1 inch pieces.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
Hello, I’m Vickie aka The Crazy Family Mom!
The creator of A Crazy Family and a stay-at-home mom of a little boy with a big personality. I love to share real food recipes, parenting tips & encouragement, fun kids activities, and so much more! Plus, I am thrilled to provide you with a space to celebrate all that is awesome (and a little crazy) in the world.