This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whether you’re looking for a delicious brunch recipe or a simple idea for breakfast this morning, waffles are always a great choice.
But finding a good recipe for gluten-free waffles can be difficult – especially if you’re looking for one that’s easy and delicious.
Once you try this simple waffle recipe, you’ll never search for another one!
On top of being so simple to make, these gluten-free Belgian waffles are so light and fluffy, you’d never guess they were gluten-free.
What You Need To Make Delicious GF Belgian Waffles
To make this easy gluten-free waffles recipe, you’ll only need a few simple ingredients:
- Gluten free baking flour
- Baking powder
After reading that list of ingredients, I bet you’re ready to whip up these fluffy waffles.
Take These GF Waffles To Another Level
Since this is a basic waffle recipe, the possibilities are endless when it comes to adding things in! Here are a few fun ideas for different gluten-free waffle flavors:
- Chocolate: try chocolate chips or white chocolate
- Fruit: like blueberries or chopped strawberries
- Tropical flavors: like crushed pineapple or coconut
- Savory options: like shredded cheese or garlic
When adding other ingredients to the waffle batter, I suggest using around 1/2 cup total of extras.
What are the best toppings for waffles?
In addition to mixing in flavors to the batter, you can also top your gluten-free waffles with a variety of delicious ingredients. Try the traditional butter and syrup combination or something a little different.
Here are some ideas of toppings you could try;
- Greek yogurt with honey and blueberries
- Sliced banana with hot fudge sauce and chocolate chips
- Nutella with sliced strawberries
- Frozen berries, heated with a little sugar to make a sauce
- Various flavors of ice cream
You guys, these are amazing!!
After more Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes?
Gluten Free Belgian Waffles
- 2 cups gluten-free baking flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten-free baking flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the milk and eggs. Add the vanilla extract and melted butter and mix to combine.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients to the bowl. Use a spoon to stir the ingredients together, being careful not to over mix. The batter will be lumpy.
- When the waffle iron is heated, spray the top and bottom with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the batter over the bottom of the waffle iron, starting in the center and working your way out until the plate is 2/3 of the way covered.
- Close the lid and cook the waffle for 5 to 7 minutes. The waffle is ready when the iron stops steaming.
- Continue cooking until all the batter has been used.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe? Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.