This cake mix hack is one of my favorites! Turn the iconic Butterfinger candy bar into a delicious cupcake with this super simple recipe. The flavor combinations in these Butterfinger cupcakes are sensational!
When it comes to baking, sometimes it can take a while to create soft and fluffy cupcakes, but this is where this easy recipe is going to be a baking revelation.
Using a cake box mix, you can cut the prep time and have sweet and tasty cupcakes baked in under an hour and ready to serve and enjoy within two. Perfect for those up-and-coming special occasions.
If you love butterfingers, then you are going to love these cupcakes. They are incredibly simple to make, you only need 7 ingredients, and they aren’t difficult to source.
A perfect recipe to bake up some satisfying peanut butter-flavored cupcakes with your kids or to make for your next event.
These would be perfect during the autumn months or as a special dessert for a birthday. But let’s face it, you can’t deny a moist and fluffy cupcake on a Sunday afternoon when you want to satisfy that sweet craving.
These Butterfinger Cupcakes are so sweet and delicious. The perfect combination of vanilla cupcakes topped with peanut butter frosting, you are going to love them.
The Butterfinger bits make them extra special. So here is everything you need to know to make the Butterfinger Cupcakes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to make – Made with only 7 easy-to-source ingredients.
- Delicious flavor – Vanilla cupcakes topped with peanut butter frosting are a match made in heaven and taste just like the candy bar!
- Cake mix shortcut – Using a simple box mix, these cupcakes are as easy to make as they are delicious!
- Plenty for a party – There will be enough to go around, but you could easily make more if needed.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large bowl and hand mixer or stand mixer
- Cupcake liners and pan
- Piping bag and 1A piping tip
- Yellow cake mix
- Butterfinger Baking Bits
- Buttercream frosting
- Creamy peanut butter
How to Make Butterfinger Cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Get your chosen cupcake pan and add your cupcake liners or cake cases to it. Set aside until later.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs for 3 minutes. You can use an electric mixer or hand mixer to make this part easier. Or use a hand whisk.
3. Fold in ¾ cup of the Butterfinger Baking Bits, making sure not to knock any of the air out of your cake mixture.
4. Divide the batter between the cupcake liners, filling each about ¾ of the way.
5. Add them to the oven and then bake for 10 – 14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
6. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before adding the frosting. This should be around 1 hour.
7. Add the frosting and peanut butter to a large bowl and beat until combined.
8. Fill a piping bag equipped with the 1A frosting tip, then frost the cupcakes and top them with Butterfinger Baking Bits. Serve and enjoy!
Substitutions & Variations
- You could use crushed Snickers bars instead of Butterfinger baking bits. You will get that delicious peanut and chocolate flavor within the cupcakes.
- Use a chocolate cake mix box instead of a yellow cake mix box. It will taste great with the peanut butter frosting.
- You could add some chocolate chips to the cake mix. It will add extra sweetness and will work well with the peanut butter flavors.
- Follow this method and crush up any other chocolate bar or snack you like. Pretzels will add a savory flavor to these cupcakes, as well as Hershey’s chocolate bars, and even crunchie bars would be delicious. Get creative.
Notes and Tips
- Inserting a toothpick helps you ensure that the cupcakes are cooked all the way through. If the toothpick doesn’t come out clean, then the cupcakes need longer in the oven.
- A hand or electric mixer will make things quicker and easier when creating the cupcake batter.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting. This saves the frosting from melting off and making a mess.
- If you do not have a piping bag, use a Ziploc bag. Cut the corner off and pipe the frosting on the cupcakes.
Frequently Asked Questions
These would be great during the autumn months. Perfect for Halloween or any other special occasion. You could also make these at any time. They are super easy to make, and you can have them ready in just a few hours.
The cupcakes are best stored in an airtight container at room temperature. They will be at their best for 4-5 days.
More Fun Cupcake Recipes
- 15.25 oz box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Butterfinger Baking Bits divided
- 2 – 16 oz containers buttercream frosting
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with 24 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs for 3 minutes on high speed.
- Fold in ¾ cup of the Butterfinger Baking Bits.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake liners, filling each about ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 10 – 14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Add the frosting and peanut butter to a large bowl and beat until combined.
- Fill a piping bag equipped with the 1A frosting tip, then frost the cupcakes, and top with Butterfinger Baking Bits.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.