These cognac cupcakes are super easy to make when you use a cake mix base. The flavor combination is perfect, and the frosting is a creamy mixture of buttercream with a delicious hint of caramel. Make these boozy cupcakes for your next party!
Boozy Cognac Cupcakes
When it comes to baking and making cupcakes, if you can combine delicious flavors with soft and moist cake, then you are on to something good, and these Cognac Cupcakes are a great option to make.
These ones are just for the adults with that warmth from the brandy. You have to try them!
These cognac cupcakes are super easy to make, and using a vanilla cake box is such a great hack to make baking even easier. I love how you can have these prepped and baked within an hour.
The only waiting you have to do is to let them cool so that you can frost them. The flavor combination is perfect, and the frosting is a creamy mixture of buttercream with a delicious hint of caramel.
Baking is something that many people love to do, and these easy-to-make delicious cupcakes are ideal for when you want something to satisfy that sweet tooth. They look amazing, taste incredible, and are ideal for any special occasion.
Make these boozy cupcakes for your next party to wow your guests. They won’t disappoint. So here is everything you need to know to make these cognac cupcakes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to make – Using a simple box mix, these cupcakes are as easy to make as they are delicious!
- Delicious flavor – Vanilla cupcakes topped with a creamy mixture of buttercream with a delicious hint of caramel are a match made in heaven!
- Plenty for a party – There will be enough to go around, but you could easily make more if needed.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large bowl and mixer or stand mixer
- Cupcake liners
- Cupcake pan(s)
- Cooling rack
- 1A frosting tip and piping bag
- Vanilla cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Buttercream frosting
- Salted caramel frosting
- Gold sanding sugar
How to Make Cognac Cupcakes
1. The first thing to do would be to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then get your chosen cupcake pan or tray and add your cupcake liners to it. Set aside until ready to fill them.
2. Add the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs to a large mixing bowl. If using a stand mixer, add these ingredients to the bowl of your stand mixer. Mix the ingredients together until you have a smooth batter.
3. Fill the 24 cupcake liners ¾ full with batter. Then transfer the pan to the oven, and bake for 12-15 minutes. You will want to check they are cooked by using a toothpick inserted into the center to see if it comes out clean. If it doesn’t, leave it a few minutes longer and check again.
4. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack, and allow the cupcakes to cool for 1-2 hours before you begin frosting them.
5. Add both cans of frosting to a medium bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, along with ½ tablespoon of brandy, and mix together until light and fluffy.
6. Add the frosting to a piping bag equipped with the tip, and pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes when they have cooled.
7. Sprinkle gold sanding sugar onto cupcakes.
8. Fill the pipettes with brandy, and insert them into cupcakes to add that extra boozy kick. Serve and enjoy!
Substitutions & Variations
- Why not add some chocolate chips to your cake batter mix? They will add extra sweetness and work well with the caramel and brandy flavors.
- If you prefer a different cake flavor, then why not try a different cake box? Chocolate would be a great option.
- You can make your own cupcakes following a tried and tested method if you prefer instead of a cake box. Just be mindful that the prep may take a little longer, and you might need to adjust the baking time.
Notes and Tips
- If you don’t want to use a cake box mix, then you can make up your favorite vanilla cupcakes.
- Using a toothpick and inserting it into the center of the cupcakes will help you decide if the cupcakes have cooked all the way through. The toothpick needs to come out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting. This saves the frosting from melting off and making a mess.
- If you do not have a piping bag, use a Ziploc bag. Cut the corner off and pipe the frosting on the cupcakes.
- The pipettes help to add that extra flavor to the cupcakes. It will also make those cupcakes extra moist and delicious.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the perfect cupcakes for a special occasion. A birthday party, New Year’s Eve gathering, or as a special treat for the adults when you have a sweet craving.
Just remember these particular cupcakes are just for adults, so they are ideal for a grown-up gathering or party.
These cupcakes need to be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. They will be at their best for 3-5 days.
You can use your preferred brandy for this recipe. For this recipe, we have used Cognac, but you can use a different brand or type of brandy.
If you want to make an alcohol-free version, then just don’t add the brandy to the frosting and cupcakes. The caramel flavors will still be tasty and will be a great combination with the vanilla cupcakes.
More Fun Cupcake Recipes
- Butterfinger Cupcakes
- Peach Cobbler Cupcakes
- Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cherry Filled Cupcakes
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 16 oz container buttercream frosting
- 16 oz container salted caramel frosting
- ½ – ¾ cup brandy
- Gold sanding sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Add the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs to a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, and beat on high for 3 minutes, until you have a smooth batter.
- Fill 24 cupcake cavities ¾ full with batter, transfer the pan to the oven, and bake for 12-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a cooling rack, and allow the cupcakes to cool for 1-2 hours.
- Add both cans of frosting to a medium bowl, or stand mixer, along with ½ tablespoon of brandy, and beat on high for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the frosting to a piping bag equipped with the tip, and pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle gold sanding sugar onto cupcakes.
- Fill the pipettes with brandy, and insert them into the cupcakes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.