This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you want a delicious dessert that combines your love of camping and S’mores, then look no further than this S’mores Crunchwrap recipe. Sweet and delicious, gooey and crunchy, it has everything you want from a sweet treat. You have to try it.
Updated June 2023: This post was originally published in July 2022.
S’mores are such a treat, don’t you think? It is a great activity to do on a camping trip or when you are out in the garden with a firepit. The combination of gooey, chocolatey, marshmallow-ey goodness is unbeatable.
So, what if you could take that amazing flavor combo and put it into a crunch wrap?
S’mores Crunchwrap is a perfect way to enjoy the taste of s’mores. The warm, gooey marshmallows and chocolate combine perfectly with the crispy tortilla for a delicious treat.
This is such an easy recipe to follow and a tasty snack that you can enjoy all year round. They take minutes to make, and they are perfect for the family, a party, or any kind of get-together!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- A tasty treat.
- Easy to make and sure to be a hit.
Here’s what you need to make this recipe. The exact measurements are in the recipe card below.
- Tortillas (or pita bread)
- Dark chocolate bar
- butter for frying
- Ground cinnamon
How to Make Yummy S’mores Crunchwraps
Now that you have all your ingredients to hand, it is time to make the S’mores Crunchwrap.
Get your wrap and lay it on a flat surface. Scatter the marshmallows in the center of the tortilla.
Once you have done that, top it with crackers and then some chocolate.
Place more crackers on top of the chocolate.
Tightly roll the edges of the cake towards the center, creating folds. Check out the pictures for a visual.
Fry in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat in butter. Lay the tortilla folded down first and cook until golden brown. This should take about 2 minutes.
Then on the other side for 2-3 minutes. This will melt the chocolate and marshmallows inside.
Remove from heat and immediately dip in sugar mixed with ground cinnamon.
Cut in half and serve while hot! Enjoy!
- This crunchwrap has been made with S’mores in mind, but you can add different fillings if you wish. Why not add some fresh fruit like sliced bananas, strawberries, or even a layer of stewed apple to give different flavors?
- You could use whatever chocolate you like for this recipe. Why not add a combination of milk and white chocolate?
- Why not try different biscuits inside instead of crackers? This is an excellent substitution if you can’t get hold of crackers. Digestives would be a great one to try.
notes and tips
- Don’t overload the tortilla, as this will start oozing out while cooking. You want to ensure the filling stays within the tortilla wrap.
- Always fry the folded side down first, as this seals the tortilla shut, keeping all of that chocolate and gooeyness inside the crunchwrap.
Frequently Asked Questions
You could serve these in so many ways. They are perfect as they are, but you could also add a scoop of your favorite ice cream on the top. It would also be perfect with cream, especially whipped cream.
These crunch wraps are such a delicious hot dessert idea that you could provide a variety of things to serve with them and additional toppings like caramel or chocolate sauce, sweets, and sprinkles.
If you do have any leftovers, then let them cool completely and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge. You can reheat it on the stove or in the microwave.
This is a treat that is best served straight away, so be mindful the texture will change a little if you reheat them.
It is possible to make this vegan. You will just need to use your preferred dairy-free chocolate and butter and then also use vegan-friendly marshmallows. Be mindful that most marshmallows contain gelatin.
More Fun S’mores Recipes
- 2 tortillas or pita bread
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1 dark chocolate bar
- 8 crackers
- butter for frying
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Scatter marshmallows in the center of the tortilla.
- Top with crackers and then chocolate.
- Place more crackers on top of chocolate.
- Tightly roll the edges of the cake towards the center, creating folds.
- Fry in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat in butter. Lay the tortilla folded down first and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Then on the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately dip in sugar mixed with ground cinnamon.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe? Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.