This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you love popcorn, then this cookies and cream popcorn snack mix is something that you have to try. Sweet and delicious, and perfect for movie nights or as a sweet treat, it’s an addictive snack that’s sure to satisfy your cravings.
Table of Contents
Movie Night Essential: Cookies & Cream Popcorn Mix
Popcorn is a great snack on its own, right? Whether it is sweet, salty, or a mixture of the two, it is a staple at the cinema and something the kids love. Especially for a movie night at home.
But this snack mix takes it to another level. The addition of cereals, chocolate chips, marshmallows, and Oreo cookies transforms what was a standard snack into something epic.
This is such a simple idea and so versatile. You can really change things up and add other things to it, or keep it simple like this recipe suggests.
Quick to make, tastes amazing, and is a great snack when you have a sweet tooth or are settling down to watch some TV on a Friday night. You have to give this popcorn snack mix a try.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s super easy to make, with no cooking or baking required.
- You can customize it to your liking by adding other ingredients.
- It’s perfect for movie nights, parties, or just a sweet treat.
- The combination of sweet and salty flavors makes it addictive and satisfying.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get the measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this page.
- Popped popcorn
- White chocolate chips
- Chex cereal
- Cheerios cereal
- Mini marshmallows
- Oreo cookies
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Mixing spoon or silicone spatula
- Serving bowls
How to Make Cookies & Cream Popcorn
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together the popcorn, Chex cereal, Cheerios, mini marshmallows, and ½ cup of white chocolate chips.
Crumble the Oreo cookies into the same bowl.
In another microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining 1 cup white chocolate chips in 20-second increments until smooth.
Spread the popcorn mixture onto your prepared baking sheet into an even layer.
Drizzle the white chocolate mixture over the snack mix and toss to coat.
Leave the popcorn mixture to one side. Once the white chocolate coating has hardened, serve as desired.
I like to add a serving to individual dishes so that everyone has their own portion. You could also add it to one large serving bowl and allow everyone to dig in.
A cute idea would be to buy some popcorn boxes online on websites like Amazon. Perfect if you are hosting a movie night or the kids have friends around.
How to Store
This snack mix is best served within 1-2 days of mixing, as the popcorn will become stale. If you need to store the popcorn, make sure it is in an airtight container and kept at room temperature.
Substitutions and Variations
- If you want to add a bit of a savory twist to the popcorn snack mix, why not try adding nuts like peanuts, almonds, or cashews?
- Other sweet treats that work well in the popcorn mix are Honeycomb or Cocoa Puffs cereal or semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips. You could also add things like Maltesers, Smarties, or M&Ms. Even your favorite gummy sweets could be added.
- I also love the idea of adding dried fruits like cranberries or raisins. Just to add something a little different. Or a combination of all of the above would be amazing if you just can’t decide what to add.
- If you want to make the melted white chocolate easier to work with, stir in a teaspoon of coconut or vegetable oil. Be advised that if you do add oil, it may take longer for the white chocolate coating to set completely before your snack mix is ready to be served.
- This snack mix is best served within 1-2 days of mixing, as the popcorn will become stale.
- For added flavor and crunch, try sprinkling some sea salt over the top of your popcorn snack mix before serving. It will bring out the sweet and salty flavors even more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use regular chocolate chips instead of white chocolate?
Yes, you can definitely use regular chocolate chips in this recipe. You could even try a mix of both for a marbled effect.
Can I make this snack mix ahead of time?
While this snack mix is best served within 1-2 days of making, you can prepare it and store it in an airtight container at room temperature. Just be sure to give it a good mix before serving.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Absolutely! You can use dairy-free white chocolate chips and marshmallows to make this snack mix vegan-friendly.
So what are you waiting for? Grab those ingredients and make this delicious cookies and cream popcorn snack mix. It’s a perfect treat for any occasion, and it’ll satisfy all of your cravings in one bite. Enjoy!
More Delicious Snack Recipes
I hope you enjoy making and eating your Cookies and Cream Popcorn Snack Mix. If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and a comment below! Follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter for more delicious recipes!
Cookies and Cream Popcorn
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1.5 cups white chocolate chips divided
- 1 cup Chex cereal
- 1 cup Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 12 Oreo cookies
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the popcorn, Chex cereal, Cheerios, mini marshmallows, and ½ cup of the white chocolate chips.
- Crumble the Oreo cookies into the bowl.
- In another microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining 1 cup white chocolate chips in 20 second increments until smooth.
- Spread the mixture onto your prepared baking sheet into an even layer.
- Drizzle the white chocolate mixture over the snack mix and toss to coat.
- Once the white chocolate coating has hardened, serve as desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe? Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.