This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Chocolate and cherries make these delightful chocolate cherry muffins a super delicious way to satisfy those chocolate cravings! Moist, full of flavor and so easy to make!
A few days ago, I shared these cherry muffins, and since then I’ve had the urge to create a chocolate cherry version… and so I present to you these delightful chocolate cherry muffins.
Everything is better with chocolate, right?!
An Easy Treat For Any Time Of Day
Although the original cherry muffins make a perfect breakfast. I would happily eat these any time of the day.
Why not try them for an afternoon snack or a sweet option with your lunch.
These muffins are a great meal prep option, make on meal prep day, and enjoy them all week long.
Make These Chocolate Cherry Muffins
Combine all of the dry ingredients together, then make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add the yogurt, eggs, milk, and oil. Stir to combine until no dry spots appear.
Chop or puree your cherries and add them to the mixture along with as many chocolate chips as you would like.
Line your muffin tray with liners and then fill each 2/3 of the way up.
Bake for 24-28 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Looking For More Muffins?
Chocolate Cherry Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/3 cup oil of choice
- 2 cups cherries I blended ours a bit so we didn’t have big chunks in the muffins
- 1 cup chocolate chips to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Combine all dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add the yogurt, eggs, milk, and oil. Stir to combine until no dry spots appear.
- Chop or puree your cherries, add them to the mixture along with as many chocolate chips as you desire.
- Line a muffin tray with your choice of liners and then fill each muffin cavity 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Freezing Instructions:Freeze muffins for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat up in the microwave if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
Created by Vickie aka The Crazy Family Mom
Vickie is the creator of A Crazy Family. She is a stay-at-home mom of a little boy with a big personality. She loves to share real food recipes, parenting tips & encouragement, fun kids activities, and so much more! Plus she is thrilled to provide you with a space to celebrate all that is awesome (and a little crazy) in the world.