4th of July Cookie Bars will be the highlight of the day. A sugar cookie base that is topped with a homemade cream cheese frosting and sprinkles that transform the look.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on a link and purchase something. As an Etsy and Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Skip making cookies and reach for cookie bars, for a quick dessert you can whip together and toss right into the oven. These patriotic cookie bars will melt in your mouth with sweetness.
4th of July Cookie Bars
These bars are great for serving a crowd or whipping up for a dessert for after dinner. Or if you are like me, you might sneak one for a midnight dessert.
Are These Cookie Bars Hard to Make
Personally I enjoy making bars over traditional cookies. You don’t have to scoop tons of cookies and batch cook. With these cookie bars you get the same flavors of cookies but with a lot less work on your end.
Can I Double This Patriotic Cookie Bar Recipe
Yes, you sure can. The only thing is you will need to have a second 9×13 pan. Then if you don’t have room for both in your oven to cook at once then just batch cook your cookies.
Cream Cheese Frosting
The cream cheese frosting is insanely delicious. Plus you only need some basic essential ingredients to whip it up. The one thing I recommend is making sure you start with room temperature cream cheese. This is going to help give you that super thick and creamy frosting.
If you don’t allow it to reach room temperature it will be clumpy and not be smooth and creamy like you want.
Variations To Patriotic Cookie Bars
- Feel free to add food coloring to your frosting to give it even more color.
- Add in some chocolate chips or toffee bits into your frosting batter to add more flavor.
- You can change up the flavor of the cookie portion if you want it to be chocolate or even chocolate chip.
- Add on different toppings. Try fresh berries to go along with the 4th of July theme.
You can honestly change up this recipe to work for what you are looking for. I love them as they are, and I pair with some fresh strawberries and blueberries on the side. I love fresh fruit with the cream cheese frosting and soft and moist cookie.
Craving More Easy Desserts
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffles | Chocolate and strawberry collide in this truffle recipe. Smooth, rich, and the perfect combination of chocolate and strawberries in every bite.
- Double Chocolate Vegan Fudge | Here is a great fudge that would work for the 4th of July as well. If you love chocolate but have dietary needs, you might love this double-loaded chocolate fudge.
SEE THE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR DETAILS ON HOW TO MAKE 4th of July sugar cookie bars. ENJOY!