This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This quinoa salad is my favorite. A gluten-free salad loaded with goodies, this summer recipe is sure to please. Serve this at your next party or your family’s weeknight dinner.
Summer Salad with Quinoa
If you are looking for a healthy salad that is more than just a bit of iceberg and cucumber, then this Quinoa Salad is going to revolutionize your lunch or evening meal. Super tasty and nutritious, everyone is going to love it.
If you enjoy a salad and are looking for something filling and delicious, then you have to try this Quinoa Salad. Packed full of flavor and uses nutritious quinoa as an added extra to some of the usual salad ingredients.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
I love how fresh this salad tastes, and I also think it is the perfect base for some other delicious ingredients if you fancy getting a little creative.
This is the perfect salad to make ahead for lunches to take to work or enjoy at home. While it is substantial enough as it is, you could also serve this quinoa salad as a side dish for other meals like grilled fish or meat.
It would even be a great salad to serve at your next BBQ. So what are you waiting for? Here is everything you need to know to recreate this super easy quinoa salad.
- Cooked quinoa
- English cucumber – sliced and quartered
- Cherry tomatoes – halved
- Olives – halved
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Red wine vinegar
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper – to taste
How to Make Quinoa Salad
1. Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. You could also prepare the day before; more on that in the notes section.
2. Once your quinoa is ready, set it aside. Get a separate bowl and combine the cucumber, tomatoes, and olives, and set aside.
3. Now to make your dressing. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper to a small bowl, and whisk until all of the ingredients have combined well.
4. Add the quinoa to the bowl of vegetables. You can then drizzle the dressing mixture over everything. Toss everything together until the ingredients are coasted with that delicious dressing.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Then enjoy it as it is or with some delicious grilled meat, fish, or roasted vegetables. Yum!
Substitutions & Variations
- You could add some other raw vegetables to this salad. Grated carrots, chopped peppers, or some celery would all work well. You could add some drained sweetcorn.
- This salad lends itself well to having some cooked meat added to it. You could serve it with some deli meat like prosciutto or salami. It would also taste great with some cooled cooked rotisserie chicken.
- Add some cubed feta cheese to the salad to give it some extra flavor. The feta will be a great combo with the olives and will make this have a similar flavor to a Greek salad.
Notes and Tips
- You can cook the quinoa the day before. You will just need to fluff it before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Make sure the vegetable ingredients are cut into bite-sized pieces, which also makes it easier to eat.
- Not everyone enjoys olives, so you can omit them if you wish.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is the perfect salad for a warm day if you fancy something light but satisfying. However, it can also be the ideal side salad at your next BBQ. This salad will be delicious and served alongside some grilled meat or fish.
If you have any leftovers or you have made this ahead of time, then make sure you add it to an airtight container and store it in the fridge. It will keep for up to three days. Just mix everything before enjoying it to ensure the dressing is well distributed again.
If you do decide to make this ahead of time, you could make the salad but avoid adding the dressing until you are ready to serve. Just store the quinoa and vegetables, and the dressing in separate airtight containers and refrigerate. You could do this a day before if you wish.
This salad is ideal for a plant-based diet and for anyone who needs to avoid gluten. All of the ingredients are vegan and gluten-free.
More Easy Salad Recipes
- 2 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup English cucumber sliced and quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup olives halved
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. *Prepare the day before if desired
- Combine the cucumber, tomatoes, and olives in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper to a small bowl, and whisk until well mixed.
- Add the quinoa to the bowl of vegetables, then drizzle the dressing mixture over everything, and gently toss until combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Serve cold.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe? Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.