This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a commission at no additional cost to you.
January 15th is National Bagel Day! Toast up your favorite flavor on National Bagel Day. Make them for breakfast, lunch, or snack, or all of the above!
This chewy-on-the-inside-crunchy-on-the-outside bread brings complex flavors to the deli and sandwich bar. They’re a staple in our freezers and as a fantastic winter pick-me-up.
Why did the Croissants take the Donuts and Bagels to Disneyland?They thought it would be fun for the hole family.
Fun Bagel Facts
- Bagels are always round with a hole in the middle
- Bagels are boiled prior to being baked
- The most popular bagel flavor is plain
- Today, bagels are enjoyed in a variety of ways and topped with many different ingredients including cream cheese, avocado, peanut butter and bananas, deli meat, jelly, hummus, salmon, or marshmallow fluff.
How To Celebrate National Bagel Day
Eat a bagel
Pretty easy! Have your favorite bagel combinations. Try new combinations. Do you like yours toasted or not?
Host a bagel party
If you’re at work or have a group of bagel loving friends, then host a bagel-making party with your fellow bagel-lovers and lay out a spread of everyone’s favorite toppings.
Bake a bagel
Surprisingly simple and rather enjoyable, there’s nothing that tastes better than freshly baked bagels straight out of the oven. They may not be quite as round as those that you can get from the grocery store, but we bet they’re just as tasty! Give one of the 12 recipes below a try!
- Dates: Every January 15th
- Hashtag: #BagelDay
Bagel Recipes You’ll Love
Find so many delicious bagel recipes… from breakfast bagels, pizza bagels, za’atar bagels, they all sound so delicious right now.