This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hot cocoa jars are super simple to make, and I am going to show you how to put them together in this simple tutorial. You will need mason jars and just a few ingredients to assemble these fun and delicious gifts! Make these extra special with these adorable printable tags!
Hot Cocoa In A Jar Gift Idea
Hot cocoa in a jar is such a simple gift to give during the holiday season and all winter long! They’re easy to make, and everyone loves them! Get the recipe, assembly tutorial, and the free printable tag below.
Hot cocoa is a classic winter warmer enjoyed by people of all ages. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create this easy-to-make homemade hot chocolate mix in a jar that your friends and family will love to receive.
Why We Love This Idea
- A simple gift to give during the holiday season.
- They’re easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
- Everyone loves them!
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Powdered milk
- Chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Mason jars
Supplies to decorate the jars
- Printable instructions tags (download below)
- Paper cutter (optional)
- Hole punch
- Scissors (not shown)
- Bakers twine or ribbon
How To Make Hot Chocolate In A Jar
1. Layer the ingredients into the jars. If you have a canning funnel, this makes it much easier.
2. The order of layering should be ½ cup sugar, ½ cup cocoa powder, ¼ cup powdered milk, ¼ cup chocolate chips, and marshmallows to the top.
3. Once your jars are layered, screw the lids on.
1. Download and print the instructions tags.
2. Cut them using a paper cutter or scissors.
3. Punch a hole in the top left corner, about ¼ inch from the edges.
4. Cut the twine about 3 feet long, and wrap it around the rim of the jar multiple times.
5. Stick one end of the twine through the hole in the tag, then tie the ends into a bow. Now your cocoa jar is ready for gifting!
Your gift recipient can easily store it in a food storage container and use it as needed. When ready to enjoy a cup of hot cocoa, add 1/4 cup of the mix to a mug and stir in 8oz hot water or hot milk.
More Like This
Hot Cocoa In A Jar Gift Idea
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup powdered milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 – 1 ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 2 16 oz mason jars
- Layer the ingredients into the jars. If you have a canning funnel, this makes it much easier.
- The order of layering should be ½ cup sugar, ½ cup cocoa powder, ¼ cup powdered milk, ¼ cup chocolate chips, marshmallows to the top.
- Once your jars are layered, screw the lids on.
- Attach an instruction tag to each jar.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe? Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.