This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Get all the tips you need to get your home in tip-top shape in only 30 days!
A clean house makes for a comfortable home. But, with so many things that need attention, it can be challenging to keep up, especially if you have children! Things can get overwhelming, cluttered, and neglected in no time.
I created a Whole House Deep Cleaning Schedule that has transformed my home into a clean and efficient space.
This 30 Days to a Cleaner Home resource has everything you need to get your house in order without devoting all of your time to the effort.
This resource includes a 30-day calendar printable as well as a house cleaning checklist to help you stay on track without overlooking any details.
Follow the checklist from room to room, and over the course of one month, you can transform your house from any condition to ready for guests at a moment’s notice.
Best of all, this realistic cleaning schedule won’t require too much of your time, and results will be noticeable on a daily basis!
Download and print your Deep Cleaning Checklist and Calendar Here!
What Do I Need to Deep Clean My Home?
- Disposable rags, scrubbing pads or towels that you don’t mind throwing away
- Two buckets: one for the dirty water and the other for fresh clean water
- Dish soap and disinfectant spray
- Glass cleaner
- Rubber gloves
- Spray bottle with 1:1 vinegar and water
- A scrub brush (or an old toothbrush)
Throughout the Whole House
- Clean windows and screens
- Clean ceilings including vents and fans
- Wipe walls
- Wipe baseboards
- Wash curtains and drapes
- Clean window blinds
- Clean upholstery
- Sweep floors
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets
- Wash and mop floors
- Wash garbage cans
- Clean electronic screens
- Clean doors and sanitize door handles/knobs
- Polish furniture
- Clean light fixtures and sanitize light switches
- Donate old items that are no longer needed
- Wash sofa cushions, blankets, and pillow cases
- Vacuum under couch cushions
- Launder and press table linens
- Shake out area rugs
- Check smoke detectors and replace batteries
- Remove items from cabinets, clean inside, and organize
- Clean oven and stovetop
- Clean small kitchen appliances including microwave
- Clean dishwasher
- Clean refrigerator and freezer
- Clear countertops and clean the sink and faucet
- Clean and organize pots, pans, and bakeware
- Deodorize and degrease the kitchen disposals and drains
- Organize pantry
- Clean all glass
- Vacuum and clean mattress
- Wash bedding including sheets, duvets, and bed skirts
- Wash pillows
- Clean, sanitize and organize toys
- Clean and organize closets
- Organize and polish dressers
- Organize and polish nightstands
- Organize and clean up desk
- Clean countertops, sink, and faucet
- Clean toilet and drains
- Clean bathtub and shower
- Clean shower curtain
- Clean and organize cabinets
- Clean mirror and glass
- Properly dispose of old medications
- Shake out or wash bath mats
- Clean and sanitize pet toys
- Wash pet food and water dishes
- Wash and sanitize litter box
- Wash pet bedding and blankets
- Clean front and back door
- Clean door mats
- Clean up and organize entryway / mudroom
- Clean up and organize deck / driveway / porch
- Clean up and organize laundry room
- Clean washing machine and dryer
- Clean up and organize linen closet
- Clean up and organize coat closet
- Clean up and organize office and desk
- Organize pictures into albums
- Organize files on computer
- Throw away old mail, receipts or coupons
- Take out trash
- Place new air fresheners around the house
Created by Vickie aka The Crazy Family Mom
Vickie is the creator of A Crazy Family. She is a stay-at-home mom of a little boy with a big personality. She loves to share real food recipes, parenting tips & encouragement, fun kids activities, and so much more! Plus she is thrilled to provide you with a space to celebrate all that is awesome (and a little crazy) in the world.