This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This baked tilapia with lemon pepper seasoning is a simple fish recipe. Just 2 ingredients are all you need to make this tasty tilapia recipe. Make this baked fish for lunch or dinner in just 15 minutes.
Sometimes we need something that is quick and easy to make but has tonnes of flavor and is healthy too. It doesn’t seem like we are asking for the world, but it can often feel like a big task.
But this baked Tilapia with lemon pepper seasoning recipe is one that ticks all of the boxes. You only need two ingredients to bring this dish alive, along with your chosen accompaniments, and you have a delicious evening meal or speedy lunch ready to go.
It’s healthy, it tastes good, and it is versatile, what more can you want?
Tilapia is a mild-tasting fish that pairs well with a variety of seasonings, but my personal favorite is lemon pepper. The citrus just works incredibly well with fish, and it has that fresh taste that is easy to combine with accompaniments like salads, pasta, rice, and potatoes.
It’s quick and easy to prepare, and in just 15 minutes, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal on the table. Something the whole family can enjoy.
So if you would like to try it, then here is everything you need to know to make baked tilapia with lemon pepper seasoning.
Why We Love This Lemon Pepper Tilapia Recipe
- Family-friendly fish recipe.
- Perfect for lunch or dinner.
- Simple and easy to serve on a busy weeknight.
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Tilapia filets, thawed
- Lemon pepper seasoning
How to Make Lemon Pepper Baked Tilapia
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If you don’t have any parchment paper, then you can spray it with cooking spray to prevent the fish from sticking.
2. Arrange tilapia filets on the baking sheet and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning.
3. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Serve with your chosen side dishes and enjoy. How easy is that?
- This lemon pepper seasoning will work well with other fish if you are wanting to try different fillets. Cod or salmon could be great alternatives.
- You could use this method and the seasoning with chicken as well. Lemon pepper chicken is a great option and can be served in the same way you would serve this fish dish.
- Wrap the fish with a piece of parma ham to add an extra depth of flavor before baking.
- Drizzle over some flavored oil for extra flavors. Garlic olive oil would work really well.
- We love lemon pepper seasoning with fish, but Tilapia also works well with paprika, chili seasoning, or some simple salt and pepper. You can change the flavorings to suit your taste buds.
- Bake the fish and flake it to add to mash potato to create some super tasty fishcakes. A dish even the fussiest of kids won’t turn down.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure you use fresh or defrosted fish for this recipe to ensure that it is cooked through.
- You could give the fish time to take on the flavors by allowing it to marinade in the seasoning for an hour before baking. Drizzle with a little oil if you wish.
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I serve the Baked Tilapia with Lemon Pepper Seasoning?
There are so many ways that you can enjoy this fish dish. I think it would work well served with a salad or steamed vegetables, along with some oven-baked homemade chips.
You could flake up the fish and add to a tomato sauce to be served with pasta or rice if you prefer. Fish is always a winning combination with potatoes and vegetables, so you will find that you can enjoy this meal in a variety of ways.
How should I store the baked Tilapia?
If you are cooking this ahead of time or have leftovers you want to keep for another day, then you should allow the baked tilapia to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container and storing it in the refrigerator. It would need to be eaten and used up within 2 days.
What should I do with any leftovers?
If you do have leftovers then you can serve them differently using some of the suggestions above. You could also flake up the fish and add your favorite condiment to it and enjoy a fish sandwich.
Leftovers will work great with pasta dishes, rice dishes, or some more steamed vegetables for a healthy lunch or evening meal.
Can I cook from frozen?
If you are using frozen fish, it is recommended to give it time to defrost thoroughly before cooking it. This ensures that the fish is cooked all the way through.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Baked Cheddar Ranch Chicken
- Honey Garlic Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Quick & Easy Black Bean Quesadillas
- See all our Dinner Recipes!
If you’re looking for an easy and healthy weeknight meal, look no further than baked tilapia. It’s quick and easy to prepare, and in just 15 minutes, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal on the table.
I hope you enjoy your Easy Baked Tilapia with Lemon Pepper Seasoning. If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and a comment below! Follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter for more delicious recipes!
Lemon Pepper Baked Tilapia
- 1 lb tilapia filets thawed
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray to prevent the fish from sticking.
- Arrange tilapia filets on the baking sheet and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe? Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.