This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This delightful beverage is a delicious way to celebrate the holiday season.
Cranberries always make an appearance this time of year. and are sometimes referred to as a “Super Food”
And here’s why:
- Cranberries are a popular and healthy food, associated with the Holidays.
- They are low in calories
- They are high in vitamins C, A, and K.
Enjoy this Cranberry and Cinnamon Spritzer with a little vodka for a fun adults-only treat or as a mocktail everyone can enjoy. If you do make both versions, please do make sure you can clearly identify the alcoholic one.
Cranberry and Cinnamon Mocktail or Cocktail
Cranberry, orange, and cinnamon are complemented by the unexpected addition of cumin to make a delicious holiday beverage.
You ’ll definitely want to plan ahead and simmer the spices the day before, but that’s not hard to do. Alcoholic or not, this needs to be chilled overnight.
Cranberry and Cinnamon Spritzer
- 1 c. fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ c. honey
- ½ c. water
- 2 T whole cumin seeds
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 c. unsweetened cranberry juice
- 2 medium organic oranges each cut into 8 wedges
- Optional: ½ c. vodka
- 3 c. sparkling water
- Optional: Additional cinnamon sticks
- Optional: 6 long rosemary sprigs lower leaves removed and threaded with fresh cranberries
- Add cranberries, honey, water, cumin seeds, and cinnamon sticks to a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until the honey is melted and the spices are intensely fragrant.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large glass or another non-reactive bowl. Add cranberry juice, orange wedges, and vodka, if using. Refrigerate for several hours to overnight.
- Once thoroughly chilled, remove from the refrigerator and firmly squeeze each orange wedge into the bowl to capture the juice before discarding. Strain the mixture with a fine-mesh strainer and discard the solids.
- To serve, fill serving glasses with ice and add enough of the seasoned cranberry juice mixture to fill each glass about 1/3 full.
- Top off each glass with sparkling water and stir to combine. Taste and sweeten with additional honey, if desired.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and/or rosemary skewers and serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, is intended to serve as an estimate only, and is provided for informational purposes. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe? Click stars to rate now! Or leave a comment below.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!
If you want the nutritional information for a recipe, I recommend entering the recipe into this nutrition analyzer, which will calculate it for you.