Halloween can be such a fun time for kids. Dressing up in costumes and getting free treats – what kid wouldn’t love that? But if your child has an allergy or intolerance, Halloween can be a little trickier.
Make sure everyone is included in your trick-or-treating festivities this year by offering a selection of allergy-friendly Halloween treats.
These all-inclusive treats are perfect for anyone hoping to offer a safe Halloween alternative to trick or treaters this year.
Haven’t got time to read this now? Click here to pin it for later
What to Avoid
There are eight main allergens to be aware of when purchasing your Halloween treats this year: milk, tree nuts, peanuts, soy, eggs, wheat, fish, and shellfish. Luckily, there are a variety of candy and treat options that are free of most or all of these common allergens. This comprehensive list will help you find the perfect allergy-friendly Halloween treat this year.
Allergen Friendly Candy Options
If you want to offer Halloween candy to your trick or treaters this year but want to make sure your candy options are safe for most kids, you’re in luck! There are a variety of delicious sweet treats that are also allergen friendly. Here are some of the best allergen-friendly Halloween candy options:
Enjoy Life Halloween Chocolate Minis (free from dairy, nuts, gluten, fish, shellfish, and soy)
Dum-Dums (free from dairy, nuts, gluten, eggs, fish, shellfish, and soy)
Air Heads (free from dairy, nuts, gluten, eggs, fish, shellfish, and soy)
Witch and Franken Boogies (free from dairy, nuts, gluten, eggs, fish, shellfish, and soy)
Smarties (free from dairy, nuts, gluten, eggs, fish, shellfish, and soy)
Jelly Belly Candy Corn (free from dairy, nuts, fish, shellfish, and gluten)
Surf Sweets Fruit Snacks (free from dairy, nuts, gluten, eggs, fish, shellfish, and soy)
Skittles (free from dairy, nuts, gluten, eggs, fish, shellfish, and soy)
Dots (free from dairy, nuts, gluten, eggs, fish, shellfish, and soy)
Starburst (free from dairy, nuts, gluten, eggs, fish, shellfish, and soy)
Life Savers Gummies (free from dairy, nuts, gluten, eggs, fish, shellfish, and soy)
Popcorn Balls (free from dairy, nuts, gluten, eggs, fish, and shellfish)
Choco No No’s (free from dairy, nuts, gluten, eggs, fish, shellfish, and soy)
YumEarth Lollipops (free from dairy, nuts, gluten, eggs, fish, shellfish, and soy)
Healthy Halloween Treat Ideas
Healthier options are also a great idea when thinking about allergen-free Halloween treats. If you would prefer not to pass out candy this year, these healthy treats are sure to be a hit with the kids:
- Mandarin oranges
- Dried fruit
- Baby carrots
- Juice boxes
- String cheese
- Pumpkin seeds
- Mini water bottles
- Fruit cups
- Applesauce pouches
Sometimes, it’s safer to pass out fun Halloween treats that aren’t food at all. These cute toys and Halloween-themed activities make great options for trick-or-treaters this year:
- Halloween Stamps: Keep your trick-or-treaters entertained after Halloween is over with this big set of Halloween-themed stamps.
- Vampire Teeth: Pass out a classic Halloween favor this year with these colorful vampire teeth.
- Stretchy Skeletons: Skip the candy and give your trick-or-treaters something fun to play with instead, like these cute stretchy skeletons.
- Glowing Rings: Light up your neighborhood this Halloween by passing out glowing rings to your trick or treaters instead of candy this year.
- Glow Bracelets: Or hand out glow stick bracelets to your trick or treaters to help the light their way as they walk around the neighborhood.
- Coloring Books: Give the trick or treaters in your neighborhood something to do after Halloween is over with a Halloween-themed coloring book in their treat bag this year.
- Bubbles: Bubbles are always popular with kids, which is why any trick or treater would love to receive a bottle of bubbles instead of candy this Halloween.
- Monster Stickers: Trick or treaters in your neighborhood will have a blast creating their own monsters this Halloween with this cute set of monster stickers.
- Play-Doh: You can never go wrong when you give a kid Play-Doh, making it a great candy-free option to pass out during Halloween.
- Invisible Ink Pens: Your neighborhood trick or treaters will love writing secret messages to each other with these fun invisible ink pens this Halloween.
- Snap Bracelets: Help your trick or treaters dress up their Halloween costumes with a cute Halloween snap bracelet.
- Bouncy Balls. Trick or treaters will have a blast playing with these cute Halloween bouncy balls this year.
- Skeleton Paratroopers: Or pass out these fun skeleton paratroopers to give your trick or treaters a toy to play with on Halloween night.
- Mini Flashlights: Make trick or treating a little bit safer for your neighbors this year by passing out mini flashlights this Halloween.
- Halloween Pencils: Give your trick or treaters something practical this Halloween with a pencil in their treat bag.
- Halloween Notebooks: Or hand out these cute Halloween notebooks to the kids.
- Halloween Puzzles: Provide a little after Halloween entertainment with a cute puzzle.
- Paper Masks: Pass out a fun new character to your trick or treaters with these paper masks.
- Fake Mustaches: Trick or treaters will love these silly fake mustaches so much they won’t realize you didn’t give them candy.