Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
This Instant Pot Chicken and Rice offers perfectly cooked rice, chicken, and veggies and is ready fast -- it really is the ultimate comfort food!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups white rice
Season the chicken breasts on both sides with a sprinkle of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
Using the saute mode, heat the electric pressure cooker until “hot.” Add the butter, chicken, and onion. Cook until the onion is softened and the chicken is browned on both sides, about 5 to 6 minutes.
To the electric pressure cooker, add the chicken broth and scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon to remove any cooked on bits. Cancel the saute mode. Stir in the remaining salt, mixed vegetables, and rice.
Place the lid on the electric pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to “manual” or “pressure cook” for 10 minutes. Quick release the pressure when the cook cycle is complete.
With two forks, shred the chicken. Mix the chicken with the rice, fluffing the rice with a fork.
- Make sure you use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot to ensure you remove any stuck-on bits. This is important or you can result in a burn notice.
- I used long-grain white rice. If you opt to use any other variety of rice you need to adjust the liquid ratio and cook time according to the variety of rice you use.
- Quick-release is when you push the valve to allow the steam to come out, instead of allowing it to naturally release the pressure. This is important or your rice will turn to mush.
- You can double the recipe if you have a larger Instant Pot and you do not go over the max fill line on the side.
Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1608mg | Potassium: 863mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2363IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2mg